PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Power Point

Ron Nametko
08-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a customer who has their business graphic on a power point presentation. I don't have a lot of experience with power point. Can I import a power point graphic into corel draw to use with my laser engraver???? I don't see that file format on the list.

If I can..does anyone know how to get it from power point??

I asked the customer and they were not sure either. Any help would be great!!

THANK YOU

Ron

Frank Corker
08-03-2008, 10:46 AM
I had a quick look and I couldn't get it to open a finished powerpoint presentation. That's not to say that if it was able to be edited that you wouldn't be able to export the picture to the desktop and then import it. As for a .pps - it doesn't recognise it.

Joe Pelonio
08-03-2008, 12:00 PM
If that's all they can provide I will print, scan and clean up, and charge them for the time. Often when given the quote they will find a better version to save that extra cost.

Darren Null
08-03-2008, 12:08 PM
If that's all they can provide I will print, scan and clean up
Seems involved. I just hit the 'printscreen' button and paste it into a graphics editing program. For best results, turn the screen up to the highest resolution you have before printscreening.

Doug Griffith
08-03-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm not sure about Corel but I just copied and pasted from PowerPoint directly into Adobe Illustrator.

Ron Dunn
08-03-2008, 6:48 PM
You should be able to open the presentation in PowerPoint, click the graphic, copy it to the clipboard, then paste it into your other graphics tool.

If you don't have PowerPoint I suggest you try Open Office. It is free, its quality and capability reflects that fact, but it should enable you to get your graphic.