PDA

View Full Version : Clt

Gail LaPorte
08-03-2008, 6:42 AM
Hi
I would like to add CLTT to my business.Can I use what comes with the color laser printer or do i need to buy a special kind like you do for Sublimation ink.Which all of you know if its sets you use more getting it running again than you use making that one cup or what ever you need to do.I all ready have all kinds of transfer paper from Cond'e.
Thanks
Gail LaPorte
T& K Awards
Custom Laser Engraving

Larry Bratton
08-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi
I would like to add CLTT to my business.Can I use what comes with the color laser printer or do i need to buy a special kind like you do for Sublimation ink.Which all of you know if its sets you use more getting it running again than you use making that one cup or what ever you need to do.I all ready have all kinds of transfer paper from Cond'e.
Thanks
Gail LaPorte
T& K Awards
Custom Laser Engraving
Gail:
CLTT uses the OEM toner that comes with some printers. Minolta and Okidata toners will work. Call and talk to Mick Eminger at http://cactus-equipment.com
He sells the paper that will work and other supplies and is an expert on the process. He will give you all the info you need to get started.

Gail LaPorte
08-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Thank you very much.
Every time I want to use my ink jet its clogged up and by the time I get it I am out of ink again

Mike Null
08-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Also talk with the MagicTouch people. I've been using their papers for more than 8 years.

http://themagictouchusa.com/

Gail LaPorte
08-04-2008, 9:27 AM
Thanks again
I went and picked up a CLX-3160FN not sure how its going to do but I will find out today I hope.

Scott Challoner
08-04-2008, 1:25 PM
Can you apply CLTT directly to acrylic or is the heat transfer temp too high?

Mike Null
08-04-2008, 4:09 PM
You can do it but the temp needs to be about 280 using a green foam pad. Also be sure that the transfer paper covers the entire piece of acrylic or you will have marks on the area where there is no transfer.

Larry Bratton
08-04-2008, 8:03 PM
Can you apply CLTT directly to acrylic or is the heat transfer temp too high?
Yep, you sure can, but follow Mike's advice. (Kinda open's up a new world of possibilities, doesn't it?):)