PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Job

Joe Pelonio
08-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Sometimes trucks have to be lettered on the weekend because they are needed during the week, like this one. The good news, though, was a nice flat smooth surface, no rivets to go over.

Keith Outten
08-03-2008, 6:36 AM
Nice work Joe, its no wonder you stay so busy.

Scott Shepherd
08-03-2008, 9:19 AM
I agree, very nice Joe! Thanks for sharing it with us.

The grey in the "D", is that just slightly smaller than the inside of the "D", or is it the shape of the entire D, with the "D" being laid on the grey?

Mike Null
08-03-2008, 9:24 AM
Me too. Good job Joe.

Joe Pelonio
08-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I agree, very nice Joe! Thanks for sharing it with us.

The grey in the "D", is that just slightly smaller than the inside of the "D", or is it the shape of the entire D, with the "D" being laid on the grey?

The blue D and 9 are one piece. The grey center of the D is slightly large (.1" contour) than the center hole of the d, so the blue overlaps it and covers the edge. Up close you can see the slight ridge under the blue, but not from street level, and if it were an exact fit over time shrinkage would show white through around it.

Scott Shepherd
08-03-2008, 2:02 PM
Gotcha, thanks. I thought you said once before that's how you do overlaps, but I wasn't sure if you took it all the way out to the edge of the letter or just inside it a little. Now I know!

Thanks-

Brian Stoddard
08-04-2008, 12:13 PM
nice and clean, I like it.

It is a small world - I made the sign for their wall.

Larry Bratton
08-04-2008, 7:59 PM
Joe:
Is that company in Seattle? I think I saw a magazine article about them.

Joe Pelonio
08-05-2008, 8:13 AM
They are actually in Woodinville, 20 miles or so east of Seattle, though many national magazines will call that Seattle.