PDA

View Full Version : Jack Rabbit Drill Bit Set (like Norm)

Carroll Courtney
08-02-2008, 2:24 PM
Are these drill bit sets worth the 50.00 price tag?I have afew pilot bits w/counter bore and they are dull and cheap.Looking for some input and advice on this 50.00 item.Thanks guys. Carroll Courtney

Bruce Benjamin
08-02-2008, 4:57 PM
Are these drill bit sets worth the 50.00 price tag?I have afew pilot bits w/counter bore and they are dull and cheap.Looking for some input and advice on this 50.00 item.Thanks guys. Carroll Courtney

I've had a full set of them for 5 or 6 years now. I have used it countless times and overall I'm very happy with it. A few years ago I snapped the tiny set screw that tightens the depth stop. I called the company on a Saturday and someone answered the phone. They very politely replaced the depth stop and a couple of the bits that I managed to snap...For free. I had owned the Jack Rabbit for a couple of years or so but they still didn't ask for any money or even a receipt.

If I had to critique it I'd say that there are some areas where they could improve. The wrenches that tighten everything up are pretty chewed up so they could use harder metal. They get dented because I really have to tighten the countersink down to keep the bit from slipping. But as long as it's tight enough it works quite well. It would be nice if I didn't have to tighten it down so much though. Another complaint would be that the case that holds everything could be laid out better or be bigger. If you don't get everything just right it's hard to close.

These are about the only complaints I have and when/if I ever need to replace this set I'll definitely be buying another one. Since my set is rather old the company may have already improved the areas I mentioned. Even if they didn't I would still recommend it to anyone.

Bruce

Tyler Howell
08-02-2008, 11:00 PM
I have one and it got quite a work out when I first bought it.
Now I use a dedicated drill and Impact drive for most projects.:cool:

Jim Becker
08-03-2008, 1:28 PM
Yup. Nice product. See review on my web site.

Carroll Courtney
08-03-2008, 1:42 PM
Jim,just read about the tool at your website.NICE,I will be visiting your site more often.Thanks for the positive review on the tool. Carroll