PDA

View Full Version : WN Down again

Rob Mathis
08-02-2008, 11:32 AM
What is the deal with that place?

Ken Fitzgerald
08-02-2008, 6:35 PM
Folks,

If you want to post that another website is down, that's fine. Negative comments, snide remarks or attacks on the other website are not allowed.

John Shuk
08-02-2008, 7:20 PM
Ya know stuff happens. I'm sure they don't want this to be happening either.

Keith Outten
08-03-2008, 6:14 AM
You can believe that anytime a public forum is having problems or is inaccessible the owners and Staff are doing everything possible to resolve the problem. It has happened to us here a few times and I remember every instance and how crazy it can get trying to find what seems to be a needle in a haystack to get everything working again. We always hold our breath when we install vBulletin upgrades and particularly when we have to upgrade multiple support programs before we can upgrade vBulletin, it can be a very stressful time.

Those who locate their sites at commercial hosting services have to deal with the hosts administrators and rely heavily on them to upgrade software and configure everything so it works. This can be a huge undertaking for a server administrator and very time consuming when one server provides hosting for multiple customers.

This is the number one reason that we host SawMill Creek on our own private server. It is more expensive because we don't share the administrative costs with others but for a site this large and this active it is the best choice in the long run. Problems are guaranteed in this business, everyone will experience some downtime, it is a fact of life but minimizing the number of people that have control of a particular site has proven to be the most reliable system for us over the years.

I hope that the folks at WoodNet can get their problems ironed out ASAP and get back online. Until WoodNet is back online we will be glad to host any pertinent information concerning their status to help their Members remain informed. This is a common courtesy that every owner/operator should be willing to provide in these kinds of situations and we are willing to help in any way possible. I should remind everyone that when we were in a similar situation the Staff of both WoodNet and WoodCentral have both shown us the professional courtesy of allowing people to post information relative to our problems here, we owe them the same in return.