PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo!! jet mini on the brown truck!

Jim Ketron
04-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Just found out the lathe is on it's way should be here on monday!!:D
My chuck only took 2 days to get here its oneway talon and I got the #1 jawset to go with it (from hartville tool)I also got my3/8 bowl gouge today(Lee Valley) I got the one without a handle (one of my first projects to make a handle for it) now waiting on my HSS chisel set from HF and a drill chuck also. I also orderd the bed ex for the lathe but I don't expect it to get here for a while. no one has them yet!:(
Jim

Lloyd Robins
04-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Isn't the waiting a pain? It is one reason that I wish we had a woodworking store in the area. Anyway, you can console yourself by looking at pictures of the jet mini on line until it comes. Good luck!

Richard Allen
04-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Hi Jim

You didn't mention any safety equipment like a face shield or a good dust mask that you will wear.

And what about sharpening equipment?

Hands on instruction is also a good addition at this point.

Congrats on the new lathe.

Jim Ketron
04-28-2004, 4:56 PM
Richard I have a two stone grinder I receaved when I purchased the 22-580 planer from delta. It's still in the box. Already have the rest you listed. I plan on making a grinding jig similar to the wolverine. I own a mig welder and have access to metal to make it. I love to fabricate my own jigs and tools.
Thanks,
Jim