PDA

View Full Version : Festool Dominio rebuild service?

Perry Holbrook
07-31-2008, 3:39 PM
Does Festool offer a rebuild service for their Dominio? How many cycles should it be good for before it needs rebuilding? Should I expect at least 25000 cycles without needing to have it rebuilt?

Thanks, Perry

John Thompson
07-31-2008, 6:01 PM
On the fist question Perry.. e-mail Festool or call one of their distributors and they should be able to answer.

On the second question I doubt anyone could answer as it hasn't been out that long. Unless Festool ran an endurance test on a factory level at some point before or after putting it on the market.

Good luck...

Sarge..

Joe Jensen
07-31-2008, 6:12 PM
WOW, I have a domino and that's a lot of cycles. I can imagine running 25000 cycles of cutting, but I CAN'T IMAGINE putting glue on 25000 tenon :(

Loren Hedahl
07-31-2008, 7:33 PM
WOW, I have a domino and that's a lot of cycles. I can imagine running 25000 cycles of cutting, but I CAN'T IMAGINE putting glue on 25000 tenon :(

You don't have to do them all in one setting!:D

Leo Graywacz
07-31-2008, 7:59 PM
It would only be 12,500 tenons. :rolleyes:

Perry Holbrook
07-31-2008, 8:48 PM
Actually, I'm looking at using the Dominio as the central component to automate a jig for machining the parts for several thousand frames. I'll use at least 2 Dominios. Just wondering if I need to make provisions to stop and rebuild during the production run.

Perry

PS Also the reason for my other current thread about the Grizzly double miter saw.

Jesse Cloud
07-31-2008, 9:23 PM
Definitely call Festool on this.

I'm a big fan and convinced of Festool quality, but I don't think the tool is designed to industrial assembly line specs. You might do better with a pneumatically driven slot mortiser.

Frank Martin
07-31-2008, 9:24 PM
Domino may not be the right tool. You may want to think about other heavier duty tools such as slot mortiser, etc...

Jeff Duncan
08-01-2008, 9:43 AM
Yup, if your going into production you'll want to invest in production tools. A little more $$$ up front, but will pay for themselves quickly.
If you do go with the Festool, line up a service center ahead of time so you know where it will need to go and how long it may take. Generally speaking though it's not practical to be without a tool for several weeks when your trying to make $$$. Or in other words, if the machine fails in use it will likely be cheaper to just buy another one and keep going.
Oh BTW don't know much about the new Grizzly double miter, but not a big fan in general. Again if this is going into a high production setting you may want to take a look at Omga, CTD, and/or Pistorius which are three of the best manufacturers for that type of machinery.
good luck,
JeffD

Mike Goetzke
08-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Does Festool offer a rebuild service for their Dominio? How many cycles should it be good for before it needs rebuilding? Should I expect at least 25000 cycles without needing to have it rebuilt?

Thanks, Perry

Your'e fine, as long as you get your job done before the 3-year warranty expires:D.