PDA

View Full Version : Control Board update & IP Settings

Pat Kearney
07-31-2008, 8:07 AM
Thought I'd keep you up to date on my Control Board (Motherboard) trouble. After replacing two control boards it appears my laser is now up and running again. Still not sure what caused the initial board to go. A tip of my hat to Koy and the support team at Epilog as they were great.

One questions though, and I'm pretty sure I saw this posted here at one time but I cannot find the posting when I used the search. Does anyone know how what the proper settings are so I can surf the internet and run the laser while connected via ethernet through my router? I had this working for prior to losing my control board but during the process of reinstallation and setup I accidentally blew away the original IP settings. Now when I follow the instructions in the Laser's manual it only permits me to print to the laser and not surf web or change back my internet connection settings and then surf the web but not print to the laser-aka, a major pain.

Thanks.

Pat

Dee Gallo
07-31-2008, 9:19 AM
Hi Pat-

I just went through this for a week of headaches, but with a lot of help from Creekers I finally got it right.

What worked for me was to:
1) assign each laser and computer its own address (keeping it simple, last three digits were 101,102,103,etc.), subnet mask 255.255.255.0, and def. gateway 192.168.1.1
2) turn off DHCP, shut down system, restart
3) turn DHCP back on

Somehow, it worked, and still works!

Good luck, dee

Pat Kearney
08-02-2008, 8:13 PM
Thanks Dee. Your instructions along with a few other tweaks (don't ask me what they were but after about 10 tries the IP God must have taken pity on me) it worked. Thanks again. Pat