PDA

View Full Version : New Woodpecker PRL

Darryl deHaan
07-30-2008, 9:01 PM
I got a email from Woodpeckers today with the announcement of the new PRL v2 (http://www.woodpeck.com/prlv2.html).

Anyone heard anything about it yet or found better images?

Darryl

Dick Rowe
07-30-2008, 9:16 PM
I got that email also. It really looks like a nice piece.

I have the Quik Lift, so I am not in the market right now, but one really nice feature on this new unit that I wish mine had is the micro-adjust thumbwheel for fine tuning.

A lot of times I use feather boards on my router table. In those cases where the featherboard covers the crank hole I have to take the FB off, crank the bit to the new position, then reposition the FB. Not the end-of-the world to do, but it would seem to me the thumbwheel could come in handy for those situations.

Jim O'Dell
07-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I got that too, and thought, WOW! Nice!! But it's not anodized gold!!!! Slick idea. Next it will be incorporating the lead screw technology.:rolleyes: Jim.

ps. Will version 1 go on sale soon?? I've got mine, but.....

Gene Michael
07-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Darryl, this is a great looking insert/lift. Have you heard anything about the projected price? I currently have a plastic insert from Hartville Tools. Didn't cost much - got what I paid for, but want something hardier. :D

Dick Rowe
07-31-2008, 4:36 AM
If you scroll down to the bottom of the link the price is listed at $299.99.

Darryl deHaan
07-31-2008, 6:18 AM
Actually if you use the coupon code V220, the price is $20 off @ $279. Expires in 8 days.

Darryl

Larry Rasmussen
07-31-2008, 8:22 AM
tempting to say the least, it would drop right in to my table

Mike Heidrick
07-31-2008, 9:11 AM
How does the quick lift work?

Also anyone else thinking the thumb screw fine adjustment knob is a great place for saw dust to accumulate?