PDA

View Full Version : Vector Cutting a straight line

Brian Robison
07-30-2008, 8:30 AM
Hi Creekers,
I was cutting a bunch of acrylic last night and I noticed a strange problem. I have a simple straight line draw with the biezer tool. The laser cuts the line but then "freezes" at the end of the cut for 4-5 seconds with what looks like a reduced laser power beam.Anyone have this happen before?

Joe Pelonio
07-30-2008, 8:57 AM
Using mine over 4 years now, that's a new one.

Something to try, copy and paste it a few times, some right below the original, others in different places and see if they all do it.

Create a box, and remove all but one line, and see if that does it.

Also, magnify as big as you can and make sure there are not a whole bunch of extra points there at the end.

I ran a job yesterday with a lot of lines that were not connected to anything and they all cut fine.

Frank Corker
07-30-2008, 8:58 AM
Brian. I have had a similar problem where there has been a delay at the end of a cut. I selected all nodes and found that instead of just two (the start and the finish) there were three or four nodes very close together just where the cut is to finish. Have a look for that, but other than that I'm afraid I can't help you.

Gerd Spatz
07-30-2008, 9:11 AM
I'm an VL-200 owner and you can find some post of me some month ago...
This problem happend never (still hoping...) with my newer drawings, just only with some older files from my archive. This files contains long an complex polylines/ beziercurves.

I think:
if i can save the trouble with my files so it can't be an hardwareproblem. It looks like an Software/Driver "hickup"? with some combination of e.g. count of nodes, vectors, angles, complex beziercurves...

My private solution: deleting all vectors (Polylines) who making trouble und redraw them again.

Larry Bratton
07-30-2008, 7:05 PM
Hi Creekers,
I was cutting a bunch of acrylic last night and I noticed a strange problem. I have a simple straight line draw with the biezer tool. The laser cuts the line but then "freezes" at the end of the cut for 4-5 seconds with what looks like a reduced laser power beam.Anyone have this happen before?
Brian:
Just curious..why would you use the bezier tool to draw a straight line? Much easier to just use the Freehand tool,,click the start of the line..hold down CTRL and draw the line.

Brian Robison
07-31-2008, 8:10 AM
Larry, because every time I do that it doesn't work, probably because I'm holding down the SHIFT BUTTON instead!:eek:
I think it has something to do with 9 years of Auto Cad.
I tend to draw guide lines and click on intersections.