PDA

View Full Version : Tip O' the day from the Village Idiot.

Rick Potter
07-30-2008, 2:30 AM
It's been a while since I have posted one of my silly tips, so here goes:

We were transplanting plants from large clay pots to a planter today. They had been in the pots a LONG time and were rootbound and very difficult to remove without breaking the pot, because of it's shape.

One was fighting us all the way, and wouldn't budge. We watered it to soften it up, we pulled mightily from the top, and finally turned it upside down on two sawhorses. The pot had two 3/8" drainage holes in the bottom and I tried to push it out with a long dowel, but the dowel just sank in.

Then the light bulb came on. I fired up my compressor, put a finger over one of the drain holes, and put the air gun in the other, and presto, it slid out in about two seconds flat (still upside down).

I guess the moral of this story is that sometimes you have to think outside the pot.

Rick Potter

Peter Stahl
07-30-2008, 6:42 AM
Wow, haven't gotten any good Pot tips in years!:)

Glenn Clabo
07-30-2008, 6:46 AM
I guess the moral of this story is that sometimes you have to think outside the pot.
Rick Potter

Thanks for the tip...AND this mornings chuckle.:D

mark page
07-30-2008, 7:07 AM
I usually do my best thinking while sitting on the pot!!! But sometimes what I think are my quick moments of ingenious cleverness backfires on me. I can seriously see me trying this and forgetting to regulate 190 psi and blowing an ailing hibiscus over three counties!!!:D

Randal Stevenson
07-30-2008, 9:58 AM
I usually do my best thinking while sitting on the pot!!! But sometimes what I think are my quick moments of ingenious cleverness backfires on me. I can seriously see me trying this and forgetting to regulate 190 psi and blowing an ailing hibiscus over three counties!!!:D

Be careful Mark. Potato cannon's are outlawed in MO, and they would consider this one. LOL

Greg Heppeard
07-30-2008, 11:11 AM
I usually do my best thinking while sitting on the pot!!! But sometimes what I think are my quick moments of ingenious cleverness backfires on me.

Be vewy vewy careful.....backfiring on the pot can be a dangerous thing :eek:

Craig Summers
07-30-2008, 4:51 PM
Isn't this called using your pothead?