PDA

View Full Version : Dusty/Dirty Marble

Sylvia Mossbrucker
07-29-2008, 4:50 PM
Hello all, Im currently working all the kinks out of photographs on marble and there seems to be plenty.....so, with that said, im experiencing a great amount of dust/dirt on the 12x12 pieces of marble im pulling right out of the boxes. Due to that im cleaning them as much as possible with a wet rag before I laser on them, however my mirrors are incredibly dirty after just one 12x12 so I clean them before and after every 12x12. Is there anyone out there experiencing the same issues and if so, what are you doing to cut down on the dust/dirt. Is there possibly a way to clean the pieces
before I even use them???? And could my ventilation be poor, due to amount of dirt im having on the mirrors on the laser or does marble just cause a lot of dust and such??

Angus Hines
07-29-2008, 4:54 PM
Marble just makes dust thats the nature of the beast cleaning them before you laser isn't going to make that much difference.

Joe Pelonio
07-29-2008, 5:01 PM
If your laser has the capability, it might help to run air assist while engraving (most people use it only for cutting). I have that problem mostly with wood, as the smoke lands on the mirrors/lens.

Darren Null
07-29-2008, 5:48 PM
Agree 110% with running the air assist with marble (and mirror). Blows all the cack away from your lens and down towards the sides/bottom of the machine.

Sylvia Mossbrucker
07-30-2008, 2:47 PM
Thanks Guys, Great Advise, Got the air assist running now!!!!