PDA

View Full Version : No customer service

George Sanders
07-29-2008, 7:47 AM
I decided to buy a tune up kit from In-Line Industries. I placed the order on line. Got an e-mail that they were out of belts and they said that they wouldn't ship anything or charge my credit card until I told them what I wanted to do. Well I told them to send only the PALS kit as I was going to order the belts and machined pulleys elsewhere. This would have cost about $20. I received the pulleys and belt from another vendor long before I got the shipment from In-Line. They sent the pals kit along with 2 different size/different type pulleys. It was shipped in a mailing folder made of recycled paper which had opened in transit and was missing a woodruff key. I'm lucky that was all that was missing. As for the mismatched pulleys; I had one on hand so I can use it on another machine. To their credit they said I could return the odd pulley and wait until they get one in stock and at least they reduced the price if the kit by the price of the belt.
This post is a warning to all not to deal with this company as they do not answer their phone or reply to e-mails once they get money from you.:mad:

Loren Hedahl
07-29-2008, 8:45 AM
I bought from them several years ago and everything came within the several day time frame expected and in good order.

I am always dismayed to see a complaint on a company that has given me good service in the past. I wonder if things are really going downhill, or if its just a one-shot mistake that shouldn't have happened.

Bruce Wrenn
07-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Last spring, I ordered some turned pulleys from In-Line. They arrived in 3 days, which is standard from MA to NC. Jerry Cole is a great innovator when it comes to designing new tools, or accessories. Unfortunately, his family runs the business in MA. When your relatives work for you, there is almost always problems. Case in point! Grizzly recently was with out link belts for a period of time, so this problem isn't unique to In-Line. Orders can and do get mixed up. As an example, I grow mums for our State Fair which is in late Oct. My supplier offered me some cuttings that would bloom in Sept. instead of what I ordered. I said "No Thanks."

Tom Henderson2
07-30-2008, 12:11 AM
In-line is either good or abysmal -- very little in between.

Last winter I had an experience like yours; Stuff was back ordered, when it finally came it was wrong, they didn't return numerous phone calls or emails. When I finally got through they were rude about it. Worst customer service experience I've ever had.

Jerry has designed some very good products and I wish him well. But his family/customer support staff are really doing a poor job.

Lots of online comments to that effect.

-TH

George Sanders
07-30-2008, 7:23 AM
Once burned twice shy. I won't consider dealing with them again, I have found everything they sell elsewhere with better delivery time and people who can actually answer the phone.:rolleyes:

Chet Kagel
07-30-2008, 11:58 AM
I would urge caution in ordering from In-Line as well. I had a protracted problem with a PALS purchase where they sent the wrong kit. It took way too many phone calls where they choose to ship a few replacement parts which when I tried to install, there were other parts that were incorrect as well. There were a lot of promises to ship parts that never materialized. I will say that they did refund my money after I requested it to put an end to the problem. Also, they were always polite. I just had too much frustration with the process to ever order from them again!:(

Jay Jolliffe
07-30-2008, 12:40 PM
two years ago I bought the Pals, machined pulleys with the link belt & a dial gauge kit to set up my table saw. No problem from them. Told me the link belt was back ordered when I ordered & received it when they said. So I can't say anything bad about them or my order.

Jamie Hargrave
07-30-2008, 2:39 PM
I ordered a PALS kit from them a couple of months back, got it within a couple of weeks and that was across the border, so I was happy. I'm sorry to hear that you got such bad service from them.