PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator RC Quick Change

Dave Richards
04-27-2004, 8:31 AM
I see that in Spetember of this year the Eliminator Quick Change Chuck is due to be released to fit DeWalt and Bosch routers. Does anyone have experience with them on their Porter-Cable router now?

Who actually makes the thing?

Chris Padilla
04-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Dave,

Dunno who makes it but I've had one chucked into my router table for a couple years now and I like it. One thing it requires is one of those ball-end hex head screwdriver type of tool. Using a regular hex (allen head) L-shaped wrench is a tad painful but one benefit is that you don't need to tighted it very much for the bit to be secured.

Jim DeLaney
04-27-2004, 4:43 PM
I've got them on two P-C routers, and like them a lot. They run very true, and are much easier to change bits on than the OEM chucks.

One minor note - they some times leave a small "( )" mark on the bit shaft. It's barely perceptable in depth, and doesn't affect using the bit in another router. Purely cosmetic.

The only down-side to them is that they're ½" only. you need to use an adapter if you want to use ¼" bits.

My only wish right now is for them to make one for the Hitachi M12V that I have in the router table.

Tyler Howell
04-27-2004, 5:35 PM
I took the plung on my PC plunge router. Just follow the tune up procedures that come along with it. Works great.;)

Mike Palmer
04-28-2004, 12:51 PM
I took the plung on my PC plunge router. Just follow the tune up procedures that come along with it. Works great.;)

Tyler, what are the tune up procedures? I have one on the router table and it vibrates a little more than the standard PC collet. I have the original design that is black in color and they have since come out with a new design that is silver or chrome. Anyone know the difference? From the appearance, the new one looks a little bit smaller.

Tyler Howell
05-01-2004, 8:20 AM
Tyler, what are the tune up procedures? I have one on the router table and it vibrates a little more than the standard PC collet. I have the original design that is black in color and they have since come out with a new design that is silver or chrome. Anyone know the difference? From the appearance, the new one looks a little bit smaller.
Hi Mike,
Sorry it took so long, had to dig to find these. PM me a Email address and I'll send you a copy, they are not uplooading to the creek well at all.