PDA

View Full Version : It pays to surf - a gloat!

Steve Busey
07-28-2008, 5:16 PM
About a week ago, I was surfing the eye candy at Arizona Silhouette and noticed a line that said "Here is the link for those of you that took part in the raffle for Phil Brennion. And the winners are: AAW 2008 Symposium (http://www.woodturner.org/sym/sym2008/photos/Banquet/index.htm)"

Since I had purchased a few tickets back when Malcolm T brought it to the creek's attention back in April, I thought I'd check the results - and lo and behold, my name was on the list! Not for the 3520B I was (and am) coveting, but for a terrific new Stronghold chuck (to go on that future 3520B ;)). Apparently my phone number was wrong on my raffle entries, so they were unable to contact me until I contacted Mary Lacer at AAW.

The chuck was graciously donated by Bill Baumbeck of Arizona Silhouette and arrived today!
Incidentally, the raffle for Phil raised $50,000. Kudos to all who participated!

Malcolm Tibbetts
07-28-2008, 5:44 PM
The chuck was graciously donated by Bill Baumbeck of Arizona Silhouette and arrived today!

Incidentally, the raffle for Phil raised $50,000. Kudos to all who participated!

Steve, I'm glad you discovered your winnings.

BTW, The raffle was very successful, but the $50K figure is the total of the raffle, along with cash donations (mostly from clubs), and from a fund raiser at the Provo Symposium. We can only imagine what Phil is going through.

Bernie Weishapl
07-28-2008, 5:45 PM
Congrats on the new chuck. I didn't win the 3520 B either. :mad: But the money went to a good cause. I knew they had raised a bunch but not that much.

Mike Minto
07-28-2008, 8:14 PM
I'm not the only one who didn't win the PowerMatic? Gosh, I know I'm in good company now!, haha. Glad they raised so much to help Phil's cause. Mike :o

Steve Schlumpf
07-28-2008, 9:58 PM
Steve - congrats on your win! Now you just have to get a lathe to fit it!