PDA

View Full Version : Round - Tuit

Angus Hines
07-28-2008, 3:15 PM
Finally my Round-tuit got here. WOW UPS is slow.

Can't remember who posted this file but just got my patio chess table made.

Just a piece of Absolute Black 18x18" floor tile from the 'Blue' Borg ($4.99 sample piece) an a old steel table frame I had laying around.

Lasered rubbed with Gold Rub-n-Buff and done.

Thanks for posting the file.

Dee Gallo
07-28-2008, 4:10 PM
Angus, that is a really nice job, and such an elegant look for not much investment - of course, that's assuming your blue borg has extra stuff like that - mine does not . Now - how do you make the playing pieces on your laser??

thanks for sharing, dee

Frank Corker
07-28-2008, 4:16 PM
Nice job Angus. Are you going to craft the pieces yourself?

Angus Hines
07-28-2008, 4:31 PM
Nope that is a one off just for me.

As for the pieces havn't figured that out yet.....LOL. I was just going to grab a set of Ebony and Ivory Turkish pieces from a chess supplier.

Your Blue Borg has samples in the tile section. Samples cost a lot less than say and actual order. If I wanted to order a box of these then they would have cost me 9.99 each for a box of 6.

And they don't laser as well as the high dollar stuff we buy for pictures and stuff the granite they use is a much courser flake than the high dollar ones. You can feel this engraving and in places it feels as if it will cut you.

Bill Morrison
07-29-2008, 12:12 AM
I was wondering if it was me doing something wrong when I laser the tile and it was really sharp. Got the same tile you got to see what I could do with it. Needless to say I am not going to post any photos of how mine came out. I have two left so I will see if I can come up with something halfway decent.
You got yourself a nice chess table

Bill

Don Necaise
07-29-2008, 7:45 AM
Angus
Do you mind sharing the file with us again?

Thanks

Doug Bergstrom
07-29-2008, 9:00 AM
Nice work. i like the gold accents.

We laser etch this kind of tile all the time with photos. We have been getting the tile from lowes and it works great. Our customers love the pieces we have been making. I just cannot justify the extra cost of the other True Marble.

Angus Hines
07-29-2008, 9:23 AM
And the best part is the customer is none the smarter, to borg tile or the expesive stuff from where ever it comes from.

Here the file again. I saved it as Ver. 9 so everybody should be able to use it.

Nice work. i like the gold accents.

We laser etch this kind of tile all the time with photos. We have been getting the tile from lowes and it works great. Our customers love the pieces we have been making. I just cannot justify the extra cost of the other True Marble.