View Full Version : How Efficient GRIZZLY is in their Follow-Up Efforts to Delivery Discrepancies.

Boyd Gathwright
04-26-2004, 6:56 PM
Here are some pics of how efficient Mr. Grizzly is in his follow-up to the discrepancies I had with the newly acquired GRIZZLY G0507 (20 inch) bandsaw delivered a week ago as shown in my last posting. I don’t think they could have been more efficient than this unless they had overnighted it, and they just might have done that if it had been an emergency situation. My hat is off to them, they certainly have done their best to MAKE IT RIGHT and THAT’S WHAT COUNTS. I could not have asked for a better turn-around condition under normal circumstances than this.
<O:p

My best to all at GRIZZLY.
<O:p

Boyd :) Ref: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=8840 :)

Waymon Campbell
04-26-2004, 8:55 PM
Boyd - I have a similiar Griz story. I ordered a G1023SL TS during the construction of my shop. It arrived and with the help of the driver and some friends was unloaded and put in a spare room of my house as I constructed my shop. I never opened the box as it was in pristine condition. Well, 3 months later when I finished my shop and was setting up the saw, I noticed a crack in the rear trunnion bracket. Since the box was in mint condition I assumed that the saw had been dropped down too hard by a forklift somewhere in it's life, causing to much stress on the trunnion bracket. I called up Griz Customer Support, explained what had happened, and they sent me a replacement part...no questions asked. When I had a question about the installation of the replacement part I sent a email to them. They responded within an hour!

Thru the quality of their machinery and their customer support, I have no doubt I will buy from them again.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in any way with Grizzly...

Mark Rios
04-26-2004, 10:12 PM
I own a G0555 14" bandsaw and an 1182Z jointer. I have had a few minor problems with the tools here and there including, the not so minor, failure of the two bars of my tension set-up on the bandsaw. Every time I have called them they are VERY helpful and are VERY quick to get me out any necessary parts to get me back up and running. For example, two weeks ago I called them with a concern about my bearings on the bandsaw. I have been using it very hard but they didn't even ask, they just said "we'll get you new bearings right out to you". I had them in three days. Same thing for the tension bars, I had them again in three days.

When both of the tools were delivered, the driver used his pallet jack to offload them with his liftgate and took them into my garage for me. I didn't even have to ask, he volunteered the effort.

Great customer service keeps me coming back every time.

Boyd Gathwright
04-27-2004, 8:59 AM
Hello Waymon,

I liked your little disclaimer down at the bottom of your post. Perhaps I should make that same statement. A company will only do so well in ignoring their customer base. I don’t know the whole story on Grizzly but apparently at sometime in the past they must have had some in-house practices that others picked up on. Today I see them as a company wanting to survive, and in order to do that they have to have a good product and be willing to LISTEN to their customer for their future. As for my latest purchase, I believe it is just as good as their competition that cost a bit more and until I find out differently for myself, or through the experiences of others, I will have that faith in them. I am glad you shared your story with me and SMC. That information is comforting to know for the future, although I hope never have to go that route. So far, this is my second GRIZZLY purchase.

Have a good one.

Boyd :) :)

Boyd - I have a similiar Griz story. I ordered a G1023SL TS during the construction of my shop. It arrived and with the help of the driver and some friends was unloaded and put in a spare room of my house as I constructed my shop. I never opened the box as it was in pristine condition. Well, 3 months later when I finished my shop and was setting up the saw, I noticed a crack in the rear trunnion bracket. Since the box was in mint condition I assumed that the saw had been dropped down too hard by a forklift somewhere in it's life, causing to much stress on the trunnion bracket. I called up Griz Customer Support, explained what had happened, and they sent me a replacement part...no questions asked. When I had a question about the installation of the replacement part I sent a email to them. They responded within an hour!

Thru the quality of their machinery and their customer support, I have no doubt I will buy from them again.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in any way with Grizzly...