PDA

View Full Version : new "toys" from AAW for my Powermatic

Hilel Salomon
07-27-2008, 4:12 PM
Hi Folks,

Sorry I've been out of touch. Not long after my post about the AAW, my internet slowed down to less than a crawl. Anyway, among the many "toys" I bought in Richmond was a slideaway jig for my powermatic 3520B. I just got back to Columbia, installed it (less than five minutes) and it works like a charm. For those of you who are -like me-too lazy and/or technically challenged (guilty of both on my part), this is a wonderful way to get your tailstock out of the way w/out lifting it. It's made by a fellow named Butler out of Georgia and he is quite nice. My internet connection here is iffy as well, but for those of you who cannot find it on the internet, I'll post his website.
Hope all of you are well.
Hilel.

Steve Schlumpf
07-27-2008, 4:16 PM
Hilel - glad to see you back and posting! Your new lathe attachment sure sounds like a smart way to save your back! Hope your internet connection speeds up enough you can post photos of it in use!

Ron Fleice
07-27-2008, 5:11 PM
And his website is ??????????????????????????:confused::confused:

Jim Evans
07-27-2008, 5:24 PM
http://www.butlerturning.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Harvey M. Taylor
07-27-2008, 6:23 PM
Hi, I have been looking at that swingaway and wondering how you slide the banjo to the end to hollow out the bowls? Does it swing around close to the ways of the lathe? Looks like it would be in the way from where I sit. Thanks for any explanation or photos with the banjo at the end. Max

Bernie Weishapl
07-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey Hilel, good to see you back and posting. Looks like that unit will do the trick for sure and save a guys back.

Pete Jordan
07-28-2008, 7:33 AM
Hilel,

I have had that same jig and it works like a charm. I use it on almost everything I turn.

Great Product!

Hilel Salomon
08-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Just took a set of grandkids to Kennedy Space Center and Okeefenokee Park so I haven't had time to do anything but act goofier than ever. Early next week (unfortunately the kid's parents are coming to pick them up-drats) I'll take and post pics.
Regards to All, Hilel.