PDA

View Full Version : Attention!!! Important Message For All!!!

Mark Rios
07-26-2008, 4:10 PM
There are only 44 days left........................................

.....until opening night of Monday Night Football.

Please continue to go about your business.

Tom Veatch
07-26-2008, 5:11 PM
...Please continue to go about your business.

No problem since it now been a couple of years, or more, since I turned on a television.

No, sorry, that's not quite true. My wife sometimes watches the news and weather, so I had to get one of those D/A converter boxes. I had to turn the TV on to finish installing that box so it's only been a couple of months since I turned one on. But, it's still true that it's been a couple of years since I watched one for more than 20-30 seconds.

Reed Wells
07-26-2008, 5:52 PM
Now if I only knew where Brett is going to play. LOLOL

Matt Ocel
07-26-2008, 6:27 PM
Brett who?

Al Willits
07-26-2008, 6:40 PM
Your missing a lot of good TV Tom.....er...let me rephrase that, your missing a lot of TV Tom, some of it even good..:)

Football? Ya I used to watch that, until the local teams here conned the politicians (bribed in my words) here to build them a new stadium.

Twins and Vikings...anybody want them???

Al....DIY and Food network junkie, least they don't want a stadium...yet

Tom Veatch
07-26-2008, 7:21 PM
Your missing a lot of good TV Tom.....er...let me rephrase that, your missing a lot of TV Tom, some of it even good..:)t

I might watch TV a little if we had cable and could get some of the non-broadcast, specialty channels - Discovery, History Channel, A&E, etc. But since cable isn't available out the the boonies where we live, and in spite of the semi-daily DirectTV junk mail, the wife and I just can't see that a satellite system would be worth the expense to us. So, I guess, I'll just have to spend my leisure hours in the shop or with a good book.

I did see a little blurb in the newspaper today that tells me who to blame for the proliferation of those inane, unrealistic "reality" shows. They were the back-breaking straws that caused me to finally pull the plug.

Jim Becker
07-27-2008, 5:18 AM
Tom, DirectTV is pretty much the same price as or less than most cable companies forced bundles...I just switched to them from Comcast and couldn't be happier. Not that I personally watch a lot of TV. (typically FoodNetworkHD before bed/reading) The girls are not allowed to watch much, but they actually enjoy "science" channels/programs so the $55 a month is worth it to me for that.

Football? Is that a sport? :)

Dewey Torres
07-27-2008, 5:35 AM
Long story short... I grew up in Panama City, Florida

Hence, I am a Braves and Dolphins Fan.

No... before you ask... the Marlins weren't around when I started watching baseball but the Braves (IE BRAVO'S) were always on TBS and were the closest team to me in PC. Same as for the Jags. As for the BUCCs well... up until they got to be a contender in the past few years (and they got their fare share of band-wagoners), it was hard to find a BUCCs fan outside the Tamp/St. Petersburg area:p

If the Dolphins break 500 this year I will be thrilled.

I will say it is great to have the BIG TUNA at the helm <---(nautical speak). I say... give us about 4 years and we will be back in the mix!

Mitchell Andrus
07-27-2008, 7:56 AM
No problem since it now been a couple of years, or more, since I turned on a television.

No, sorry, that's not quite true. My wife sometimes watches the news and weather, so I had to get one of those D/A converter boxes. I had to turn the TV on to finish installing that box so it's only been a couple of months since I turned one on. But, it's still true that it's been a couple of years since I watched one for more than 20-30 seconds.

Tom, just to get you up to date:

Nixon's gone,
Ipod is a music player,
Hillary Duff is on her way out,
Tiny Tim is dead,
Jay Leno replaced Johnny Carson,
HDTV is truely a good thing for sports fans,
The news at 6 is still worthless so you're not missing anything there....,
Keith Olberman rocks,
TV's don't need to be 18" deep anymore and can hang on the wall,

Micheal Jackson and Brittany have pretty much gone away, so it's safe to watch TV again.

Lee DeRaud
07-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Judging by how often she tries to beat up another [race car] driver, Danica [Patrick] is apparently getting a big dose of testosterone from somewhere...

Clifford Mescher
07-27-2008, 12:18 PM

Nixon's gone,
Ipod is a music player,
Hillary Duff is on her way out,
Tiny Tim is dead,
Jay Leno replaced Johnny Carson,
HDTV is truely a good thing for sports fans,
The news at 6 is still worthless so you're not missing anything there....,
Keith Olberman rocks,
TV's don't need to be 18" deep anymore and can hang on the wall,

Micheal Jackson and Brittany have pretty much gone away, so it's safe to watch TV again.
Agree with list with exception of idiot Olberman. Clifford

Mark Rios
07-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Judging by how often she tries to beat up another driver, Danica is apparently getting a big dose of testosterone from somewhere...

:D:D:D:D:D:D True Lee, you have a point.

Bill Arnold
07-27-2008, 10:55 PM

.....until opening night of Monday Night Football.

Haven't watched MNF since the Frank, Don and Howard days. Like most of commercial TV, it's not worth the time and effort. I spent 35 years in television and cable TV; the longer I was associated with it, the more disappointed I became in the decrease in quality. For the most part, my television time is spent viewing things like DIY, HGTV, Discovery, etc.
;)

Andrew Derhammer
07-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Al....DIY and Food network junkie, least they don't want a stadium...yetErr what about kitchen stadium where they do iron chef America?:p

Greg Cole
07-28-2008, 9:50 AM
Jay Leno replaced Johnny Carson

And Leno told NBC to shove it or did they tell him he was replaced?:rolleyes:
THANK GAWD for the second caption but I'm not running to fire up the boob tube til hockey season gets going again.

Greg

Rob Russell
07-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Folks, please keep the commentary away from anything vulgar or political. The OP was about the return of Monday Night Football. Comments about what's on or not on TV are fine, as long as you keep it clean and don't venture into sidebars about Keith Olbermann's views.

As a reminder, we have young boys and girls who read these forums. Comments about parts of the male anatomy are inappropriate per the TOS.

Belinda Barfield
07-28-2008, 11:23 AM
There are only 44 days left.............................................u ntil opening night of Monday Night Football.

And only 35 days left until the grand and GLORIOUS first day of Georgia Football! Sorry, college ball sort of out ranks pro ball in my neck of the woods. Our first game will be non division, and should be a great game. Georgia will go up against Georgia Southern, winner of multiple national championships under the leadership of the late, great Erk Russell. I love both teams so I guess I'll just have to cheer for both sides.

Ed Breen
07-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Dang,
I can't wait for the start. Its better than Lunesta or Ambien and I can nod right off in my recliner and never hear a thing even with the aids turned on!!
Ed;);)