PDA

View Full Version : A few pens and couple marking knives

Pat Zabrocki
07-26-2008, 2:35 PM
I made my Dad a pen for fathers day and marking knife for my brother. The pen is a Majestic (titanium) from Penn State Industries and the wood is amboyna burl. The marking knife is made from a Czech Edge kit and the wood is Snakewood.

I also made a couple pens for me and the girlfriend. These are Majestic Juniors. One is Thuya burl and the other is Cochin Rosewood burl. There is also and Veritas marking knife that I rehandled with one of the Cochin Rosewood burl blanks. All in all, good fun and I think they turned out okay. My family really likes those Majestic kits so it looks like I know what to do for Christmas. Opinions welcome and thanks for checking them out.
cheers
Pat

Bernie Weishapl
07-26-2008, 2:38 PM
Those are beauties. I really like the marking knife. Well done.

David Cramer
07-26-2008, 4:09 PM
Really nice Pat! You say the pen is a majestic, is that a style, like European or......?

Yes, I am a rookie in the world of woodturning and am still getting into it.

Cool burl:)!

Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!

David

Pat Zabrocki
07-26-2008, 5:20 PM
Majestic is kit you can get at www.pennstateindustries.com (http://www.pennstateindustries.com)

Its just a type of kit that looked pretty cool. I wanted to make something cool for my Dad. A bigger around pen is easier for him to write with at 80.
thanks for the kind words.
Pat

Steve Schlumpf
07-26-2008, 5:36 PM
Nice work Pat! Beautiful woods! I'm sure your Dad had to love the pen!

Jerry Gerard
07-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Great looking pens . I can see why your family likes those Majestic pens , they sure make a handsome pen . I like those marking knifes , does PSI carry those kits ?

Pat Zabrocki
07-27-2008, 12:18 PM
The Snakewood knife was made from a Czech Edge kit. You can find it and some cool birdcage awl kits here www.czeckedge.com (http://www.czeckedge.com)

The other knife was made from Veritas knife that had a rather plain looking handle. I looked but Lee Valley does not stock that knife anymore. Kind of a shame, I think I paid about what I paid for the kit.

cheers
Pat