PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Batty in Athens GA Aug 23rd - y'all come visit

Jim Underwood
07-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Can I make an event announcement here? Our club is hosting Stuart Batty and I'd like to get the word out. Is it ok to post that info here?

Andy Hoyt
07-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Yup - put it in the Calendar section too, Jim.

Jim Underwood
07-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks Andy. I'll put it up as soon as I get it typed up.
Hope some of y'all can come.
Meanwhile you can see the details here:
http://www.classiccitywoodturners.com/Turning%20Day%202008.html

Jim Underwood
07-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Classic City Woodturners and the Lyndon House Art Center

Sponsor

Woodturning as Art with Stuart Batty
Saturday Aug. 23rd, 9 am - 4 pm
Lyndon House Art Center
293 Hoyt Street, Athens, GA
$25 admission, lunch included – RSVP by Aug 15

Stuart Batty, who is one of the best woodturners in the world, will be doing an all day demonstration on August 23rd, at the Lyndon House Art Center in Athens, GA. The venue is air-conditioned with comfortable seating. The event will also displayed on monitors. This promises to be quite a show. Lunch is included in the $25 admission – if you respond by August 15th. We’d love to have you come join us for the fun.

For full details and registration information on the Stuart Batty demonstration go here:
http://www.classiccitywoodturners.com/Turning%20Day%202008.html

If we generate enough interest we may also have Stuart teach a 2 day hands on class the following week (Mon/Tues- 25th,26th). Please contact me at jimunder (at) colemancabinets (dot) com if you are interested.

The Lyndon House Gallery will also be displaying works from several local art and craft groups in their Full House Exhibition, which opens Aug 10th and runs until November. Members of the Classic City Woodworkers will also have pieces entered in this exhibit.

Classic City Woodturners, a chapter of the AAW
www.classiccitywoodturners.com (http://www.classiccitywoodturners.com/)

Lyndon House Art Center
293 Hoyt Street,
Athens, GA 30601
706-613-3623
http://accleisureservices.com/lyndon.shtml

Jim Underwood
07-26-2008, 1:39 PM
Andy where is the calendar area? :confused:

Jackie Outten
07-27-2008, 4:57 PM
Jim,

Right underneath the area where it says Welcome Jim Underwood you will see a row of links. The calendar is the fifth one from the left next to Member List.

Jackie

Andy Hoyt
07-27-2008, 5:03 PM
Oops, sorry - missed your follow-on question.

What Jackie said.

Hey! Are OP's allowed follow-on questions? :cool:

John Shuk
07-27-2008, 5:11 PM
You guys are in for a treat. Stuart is a really good turner and is very entertaining as well.
Ask him to tell you about the rabbit and the bear.

Jim Underwood
08-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Hope y'all don't mind me bumping this up once a week.

Love to have any of you come to this event if you're at all interested and are in the area.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Jim Underwood
08-10-2008, 7:26 PM
Just as a reminder, the deadline for the registration (for the included lunch) is Aug. 15th- yes that's this Friday! We'd like to know how many people are going to attend so as to know how many lunches to provide. Please send your check to our treasurer as noted on the linked web page.

I also still have some open slots for the 2 day class we're trying to put together, so if anyone is interested please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jim

John Nowack
08-11-2008, 10:26 PM
I have only attended 3 workshops but stuart was by far the the most interesting and educational----I learned more in 8 hoursthan had in te last 3 workshops--more importantly I UN-learned as much as I learned---he taughtthe fundamentals that can be incorporatedto all turning----he was very interesting and not there to simply promote and sell tools like some others---Anyway Kudo's to Stu for having the heart of a teacher---hope its ok to post her as I am not promoting just commenting about how much I learned---sorry for the bad typing--I can't correct anything with out it erasing as I re-type

Jim Underwood
08-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Yep. Today's the registration deadline for the all day Saturday demo w/ included lunch. Give me or Stan a shout today so we can make sure how many lunches to provide!

The two day Mon/*Tues (oops-not Sunday!:o) class is now full. If you want to be an alternate please drop me a line and I'll put you down in case someone backs out.

It's gonna be fun!:)