PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Ratchet style clamps?

richard poitras
07-26-2008, 8:22 AM
I am looking at getting some new quick grip clamps. The old ones I have are the yellow and black and have held up very well over the years but the new ones from Irwin are not as good as the old ones to much deflection in the head of the clamp and a lot of the time the grip part of the heads don’t line up. I am not looking for bar clamps or F- style clamps, something just for that one handed quick action type of clamp. What brand would you recommend for that style of clamp?

Dave Sweeney
07-26-2008, 9:10 AM
I know this will sound far fetched but check out the Tool Shop line of clamps at Menards. I find them to be of very good quality and IMO are better than the newer standard model Irwin's. I can only speak for the 24" and smaller ones as those are the only sizes I have.

Chuck Tringo
07-26-2008, 9:12 AM
Actually, Irwin....not the regular quick grip though, the Quick Grip XP. They are more expensive than normal quick grips, but really worth it, they can put alot of clamping pressure down and have a heavy I beam. I have 4 24" and am waiting for the next sale to get a few 12 inchers.