PDA

View Full Version : I really need to take a break...

Tony Cox
07-25-2008, 5:10 PM
My shop/garage is a real wreck. Since April I have purchased the following:

Planer: R4330
Jointer: From someone here at work. Don't know the brand.
ROS: Ridgid - Doesn't take up much space, but adds to the total spent.
Radial Arm Saw: Craftsman yard sale find
Table Saw: Ridgid TS3660
Dust Collector: Delta 50-760

Now I have to get the garage arranged so all of this will fit. All of this was added to a garage that had plenty of stuff already. My wife is making fun of me because I keep buying things and trying to stuff them into this space. I keep telling her I will make it work, it will just take time.:D

I am hoping this weekend I can make a little headway in getting things in order.

Tony

Bob Vallaster
07-25-2008, 6:33 PM
Sounds like you're getting started.

Look for a deal on mobile bases. They'll help you make the most of limited space.

BobV

Geoff Potter
07-25-2008, 6:45 PM
Wait when she starts commenting about wood going in and nothing coming out!! DAMHIK!!!

Ron Jones near Indy
07-25-2008, 6:51 PM
Wait when she starts commenting about wood going in and nothing coming out!! DAMHIK!!!

Yep--that will happen!

Matt Hutchinson
07-25-2008, 9:22 PM
Yes indeed, I can relate. I too have purchased a bunch of tools in the last few months, and have a loaded garage with no space. I feel for you. Hope you make good progress the next couple days.

Hutch

Jack Porter
07-25-2008, 9:32 PM
Tony, rest is for the weak, keep buying tools, it makes the challenge of fitting them into a small space that much more fun.:) Didnt' we take up woodworking for a challenge?

John Keeton
07-26-2008, 6:02 AM
Tony...keep buying tools, it makes the challenge of fitting them into a small space that much more fun.:)
What it really does is provide "cover" for the rest of the tools you really want. When you get so many that she doesn't notice the new ones - you have conquered the system!

Adam Cavaliere
07-26-2008, 10:21 AM

I can't believe how quickly that happened to me!

This is sort of how our conversation went:

Me: "I need to go buy wood for a new project"
Her: "Don't you already have a ton of it in the garage?"
Me: "But it isn't the right kind/size"
Her: "How about you use up what you have out there and then go get some?"
Me: "Because that isn't going to work"
Her: "Ok..." Walks off just shaking her head.

:D