PDA

View Full Version : Question for owner of Jet benchtop OSS JBOS-5

Cary Swoveland
07-25-2008, 2:22 PM
I recently ordered the optional 3"-diameter drum/spindle for my General International benchtop OSS. I would like to have a corresponding table insert, but GI does not sell one. I could make one, but would prefer to use the one Jet sells for its 3" drum/spindle (709539, $13 at Amazon), if it will fit. Could someone who owns the Jet benchtop OSS (JBOS-5) tell me the outside diameter and thickness of the table inserts?

Thanks, Cary

Narayan Nayar
07-25-2008, 2:28 PM
Just measured one of the inserts with a digital caliper.

Diameter: 5.5"
Plate thickness: .1625"

And there you go. Let us know if that insert works out...I don't yet have the 3" drum but will probably order one at some point.

Cary Swoveland
07-25-2008, 2:37 PM
Just measured one of the inserts with a digital caliper.

Diameter: 5.5"
Plate thickness: .1625"

And there you go. Let us know if that insert works out...I don't yet have the 3" drum but will probably order one at some point.

Boy, that was fast! I posted the question about ten minutes ago. Thanks, Narayan.

As I suspected, Jet and GI have the same size inserts.

As you probably know, Jet's 3" drum does not include the insert--you must order the insert as a separate item.

Cary

Narayan Nayar
07-25-2008, 2:43 PM
Ah, I read your initial post wrong. I thought you were seeing if the Jet JBOS-5 insert would fit a different Jet.

Anyway, those measurements are for the JBOS-5 inserts. And I'm glad to know Jet makes an insert sized for the drum it also sells. :) Odd that GI doesn't.

Cary Swoveland
07-25-2008, 2:49 PM
Ah, I read your initial post wrong. I thought you were seeing if the Jet JBOS-5 insert would fit a different Jet.

Anyway, those measurements are for the JBOS-5 inserts. And I'm glad to know Jet makes an insert sized for the drum it also sells. :) Odd that GI doesn't.

Odd, yes. Also odd that Jet doesn't bundle the insert with their 3" drum. BTW, GI's 3" drum is $10-$15 less than Jet's. I expect they're identical, but I haven't received GI's 3" drum, so can't provide measurements.

Cary