PDA

View Full Version : Wetzler Clamps...is there anybody out there?

Kevin Mort
07-25-2008, 9:28 AM
Greetings folks.

Is Wetzler still in business? I've tried to call them quite a few times now to no avail, always a machine and no callbacks or responses to email. I see the website is up and it looks like they can take orders there but the lack of contact is not giving me a good feeling.

Also for those who have purchased from them in the past (assuming they're still going) how long was the shipping time?

I am really interested in a few items from them, especially considering the good reviews I've seen here.

Any info would be helpful.

John Downey
07-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Hey Kevin,
I haven't ordered from them in the last 3 years or so, but the shipping was about what you'd expect, a week or more for UPS ground to get from PA to AZ. There was some confusion over the order as I remember, as I specified the welding clamps that have the T-bar instead of the read handle (they were out of the copper plated screws). In the end I bought the standard ones, and they work great - I hope they're just all on vacation or something, they make a great product.

Jim McFarland
07-25-2008, 12:25 PM
I ordered early April and clamps shipped ~ 3 weeks later. I did send them a follow-up email that the cc I used was being canceled and the clamps shipped the day before the cc cancellation (this wasn't a "tactic" on my part -- my bank did change cc carrier) -- so, IME, they do read emails, just not very good at the replying part. To be fair, the shipping and cc cancellation could have been a coincidence.

The clamps are great and no other new options I know about in the >7" throat depth. Worth the wait. Bessey offers some in the 7" depth (16" length is what I have) -- very happy with these, too.

Edit: I looked up a February order and that was 2 weeks from time of order until shipment -- again, with an intermediate reminder email to ensure they had not lost the order. Lee Valley they're not, but the clamps are great.

Kevin Mort
07-25-2008, 12:53 PM
John/Jim,

Thanks for your input. I'll make sure I send them a follow up note after I place the order.

Rusty Elam
07-26-2008, 4:42 PM
Kevin I ordered some clamps on June 1st....called to inquire on June 20th they said they were in production and would be shipped in 2 days.......called again on July 7th oops we were closed last week but they should have been shipped already but dont worry they will go out tomorrow........3 unanswered calls since with no return calls from my messages...today is July 26th...8 weeks later and I still do not have any clamps!!!!!!!:mad:

No I am not pleased with Wetzler Clamps !!!:mad:

Rusty

Thomas Kila
07-27-2008, 4:52 AM
A few months ago I ordered four Quick clamps and had to wait over four weeks for delivery. I do live in Hawaii, but did not expect to have to wait that long. After week three, I made several calls inquiring on the status of my order, but reached an answering machine. (I called both numbers provided on their website.) After several days of trying to reach someone, I finally got an answer and was told when I could expect my order.

That said, they do make a great product and will order from them again. ;)

Wilbur Pan
07-27-2008, 4:59 AM
I've ordered from Wetzler several times in the past. They make great clamps. There was one order that I remember that took longer than I expected to get to me, and I was told that it was because they were waiting for a production run to be finished. That also was the only time I placed an order in the summer. It may be that their production schedule goes way down in the summertime.

But I agree that they should answer inquiries in the meantime. I am planning on ordering more clamps from them, but I'm going to wait until after Labor Day. ;)

Rusty Elam
07-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Well I finallly got my clamps 8 weeks to the day after ordering them, bought some 7" x 18"s....and I have to say they are worth the wait....really nice old school heavy duty iron.