PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
07-25-2008, 7:23 AM
Friday July 25th, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Another pretty nice week, weather wise, in this neck of the woods, although we could use a little rain. I think we're supposed to get some later today and tonight.

This past week has been busy and I now have my utility trailer refurbished. A friend did all the stripping, prep work and painting and then I went up to his place Wednesday and we got all the new wood bolted down. I put on all new lights and did a complete re-wire of the trailer. It was a long day and my foot was quite angry with me by the end of the day. It was still protesting yesterday. I still have a few small things to do such as tie downs.

I bought this trailer in 1996 and it sits out so it was in pretty bad shape. Now it's like new. It's been used for a lot of things but the main thing is to haul the JD when necessary.

Not sure what's going on for me this weekend. A lot will have to do with my foot, but I would like to get in a round of golf. We'll see.

What's up in your neck of the woods as we come into what is considered the "dog days" of summer? Anybody going on vacation?

Whatever you're up to I hope it's a good weekend and you, at least, have a good time.

BE SAFE!!

Karl

Rich Engelhardt
07-25-2008, 8:02 AM
Hello,
- Gutters on the garage.
- Rehang a 20' section of falling down gutter on the house.
- Rewire the new DSL connection.
- Shop time - where it can be squeezed in.
- Refinish 17 kitchen cabinet doors & 12 drawer fronts - prime the sides of the cabinets.
- Coat of latex on a foundation ~ 2 gals worth.

All in all - fairly typical 10# of stuff,,in a 5# sack type of weekend. ;)

oh yeah - forgot one
- Stay sober...

Tony Cox
07-25-2008, 8:54 AM
This weekend is race weekend in Indiana so there will be a lot of TV watching and maybe a trip to the track for Saturday nights Nationwide race. It depends on if my brother and my wife want to go. Otherwise we will stay home and watch it. I hope to get a little time to do some shop cleaning also.

Have a great weekend,
Tony

Greg Cole
07-25-2008, 9:58 AM
Tony,
The IRP race is one the my favorites for the baby Nascar series. Lucky Dawg!

For the weekend I'm not going to be all that productive.... hosting a party on Saturday for a combined birthday for myself and our wedding anniversary (Sunday may be chalked up to recovery from the par-tay). My B-day is Sunday & the Anniversary is Saturday... so I'm having a "Birth-a-versary" party. I also just finished the last tid bits of a deck build that's consumed alot of weekends & evenings for 3 weeks, so the party is to christen the deck n pool area. I still have to stain the deck, was hoping to get it done this week in time for the par-tay but there's never enough hours in a day nor days in a week.
I don't do well with photo documentation as I am a one man crew 99.5% of the time... I will post pics etc in another post when I get the staining done.

Cheers.
Greg

Al Willits
07-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Karl, we have rain here so I'll bet your in for some, feels hot but only 72 and very muggy now.

Get good tie-downs for that trailer, bungie cords are nice but not all that safe, little sun and they go south.

Nice looking trailer though, we ever sell the PU truck and I'll be building one about that size.

Not much woodworking here, still coating the backyard end table with poly and still trying to get the TV cabinet in the house.

Another fishing tourny coming up soon, so I need to get out and pre fish a bit, maybe Lori and I will get out and either fish or golf this weekend, depending on weather.

Ya all have a safe and well weekend.

Al

Fred Voorhees
07-25-2008, 8:14 PM
Not much going on Saturday morning besides the usual garbage run in my township as well as probably sneaking in a lawn mowing. Saturday night will be the usual trip to the dirt track races at the New Egypt Speedway. Big night there as we honor a former fan who died from cancer a few years ago and it has grown into one whale of a memorial with a ton of money raised and all being plugged into the nights purses for the different divisions of racing. Big Big money! Sunday will find the gang coming over for our first fish fry of the year while watching the NASCAR race from Indianapolis. We have around 100 sunfish as well as catfish to bread and deep fry. Will also be submerging OreIda onion rings and steak fries into the hot oil. That will all be coated with honey and Emeril Lagasse's "Essence" and washed down with real cold Coors Light. Yummy Yum Yum!!!

Victor Stearns
07-25-2008, 9:38 PM
How about mall on the south side of the road and the Woodcraft store on the north side of the road? LOML and I will trek to both, while we may not be in the same store at the same time. Oh and WC is having a 10% off sale. Oh the possiblities!
Have a Great Weekend
Victor