PDA

View Full Version : Installing Blum Leg Levelers

Craig Mitchell
07-24-2008, 8:42 PM
Okay, I searched all over the web for installation instructions and only found the Blum PDF which really had no instructions.

I just want to make sure I do it the best way possible. Do I just drill a hole and screw it on? It seems like there should be a washer for the top bolt? Any suggestions?

Here is a picture of the ones I have. Many thanks!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/312G515WDRL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Paul Girouard
07-24-2008, 10:25 PM
No thats it just decide what depth your toe space will be m generally 3 1/2" back to the "finished" toe space cover.

What I don't like about those legs is how the T/S cover gets attached, never liked it :mad: They come up clipped or get knocked off by the owners, mopping the floor etc etc .

The legs them self are not really a problem , I think in some shop cabinets we had we broke a couple off when we moved from the old building , but if your not moving the cabinets when they are loaded that screw alone should be fine. Just bore the right size hole which I don't remember the size , just a snug fit is what you want.

Mikail Khan
07-24-2008, 10:41 PM
No washer required.

MK

David Werkheiser
07-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I use these all the time, as far as inset spacing do a mock-up with a scrap pc. of toe kick material and a clip snapped to a leg. For side to side, the cup should overhang the bottom sides by 1/2" to support the cabinet sides. The long flange on the Blum cups are to support finished end panels. If you do search at "True 32" on leg levelers they have a wealth of information.
David W.

Gary J Belch
07-29-2008, 8:19 PM
Have been using Blum for almost 18 years. Have never had a compliant about toe kicks coming loose from wild roving mops. On the set bolt that goes in from the button top , there is no washer but they do provide a plastic cap that somewhat hides it from the inside. Blum has been a leader from across the"big pond" for many years. Products are excellant. :)