PDA

View Full Version : X3 Problem

Jeff Belany
07-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Although I haven't used X3 a whole lot I have done a few jobs on it with no problems (I've used Corel 8 for 10 years). Last night when I started X3 it no more than opened when I got a message box from Corel saying that the program was unstable and I needed to back up and shut down. I did this, then tried to restart Corel and it wouldn't load -- nothing. I rebooted my computer and had the same thing happen, twice more. Luckily I still had my Corel 8 and was able to get the small job out that I had to get done.

Any thoughts? I supposed I'll uninstall X3 and reinstall. Anyone have this same issue? Very frustrating.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Dee Gallo
07-24-2008, 1:17 PM
Jeff,

I had the same thing happen once and just as I was starting up to remove and re-install, it decided just as suddenly to work. And it has worked fine ever since. I don't know what happened either.

Try pressing the f8 button, to reset to factory... it might work!

I hate those computer gremlins, don't you?

cheers, dee

Eric Allen
07-25-2008, 12:56 AM
I had that same gremlin, and the same result. One day, it just stopped misbehaving. Adding memory has helped greatly, although the computer had to be rebooted a couple of times after, Corel became unstable after the memory add. It's a persnickity program if ever I saw one....

Angus Hines
07-25-2008, 7:25 AM
It could be worse (VISTA:eek:)

Stephen Beckham
07-25-2008, 9:21 AM
Jeff,

I had and still have the same issue... What I had to do so I could continue to use the laptop and software was create a new user id. By creating a whole new account, it comes up fine.

As a matter of fact, this is the third time it's happened. I figure I'll keep creating new User Id's until XP says no more.

The strange thing is that it seemed to be tied to Windows updates. I've turned them off and will not allow them anymore - even manually - and this screen id has not crapped out on me yet...

Funny thing is that everyone has their arms crossed and pointing fingers to the fella next to them... Windows help desk says it has to be AT&T's Wireless software (seen as a virus by MS); AT&T help desk said they can ping my card so they have nothing to do with it - call Corel; Corel help desk said it was the Dell Laptop's fault; Dell told me to download the latest Windows Updates... :eek:

Jeff Belany
07-28-2008, 9:29 AM
I tried X3 a couple more times with no luck. I was about ready to reinstall when I thought I'd try Windows Restore. Went back a couple weeks and did a restore and guess what -- X3 runs fine!! Don't have any idea what caused the problem. But at least it works and easier than a complete reinstall. Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

AL Ursich
07-29-2008, 1:22 AM
Any thoughts on X4? I have 12 and use it for Laser, Sublimation, CLTT and Vinyl. Vectoring any better?

AL

Mike Null
07-29-2008, 5:32 AM
I've had X3 shutdown quite a number of times but it comes back ok after a restart. I'm suspecting a memory issue as I normally have several programs and files open.