PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Interview With John Economaki for Woodworking In America Conference

Roger Savatteri
07-23-2008, 12:43 AM
This is the link for an extended & exceptional interview with John Economaki from Bridge City Tools for the Woodworking in America Conference.

It was done by the WOODWORKERS RESOURCE @ http://woodworkersresource.com/

INTERVIEW... http://www.woodworkersresource.com/content/woodworking_in_america_conference/index.html

Once you get to the page, scroll down a little, hit the play button.

Grab a beer or a glass of wine and settle in.

Barry Nelson
07-23-2008, 7:07 AM
Link not working gives security message.

Roger Savatteri
07-23-2008, 8:05 AM
Link fixed. Thank you.

Craig Stevens
07-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Roger,

Thanks for alerting folks of the interview I did with John. It was a lot of fun to do.

If anyone else is interested in hearing more interviews from the presenters at this year's WIA, here's who I have coming up over the next several weeks.

Adam Cherubini, Tom Lie-Nielsen, Rob Lee, Clarence Blanchard, Dave Jeske, Joel Moskowitz, and Mike Dunbar is already up on the website.

I'm in the process of lining up more for future episodes, so stay tuned.

If I have time to post before the next interview, I'll put out a request for questions to ask from folks on the forum. Sometimes, these interviews get put together on pretty short notice though, but I'll try.

Hope everyone enjoys.

Craig
www.WoodworkersResource.com (http://www.woodworkersresource.com)

PS Roger, I went back and put a link to your review of the Jointmaker Pro that you did. Really nice job!

Doug Shepard
07-24-2008, 5:36 AM
OK I'm stumped. The first link takes me to a page with several Building A Bookcase videos. The 2nd takes me to a page with a writeup on the Jointmaker and links to the BCTW videos, John's blog and the FOG review, but nowhere can I find a play button for the interview or anything that looks like your pic attachment. The only play button on that page is for a Mike Dunbar interview. ????

Roger Savatteri
07-24-2008, 9:46 AM
OK I'm stumped. The first link takes me to a page with several Building A Bookcase videos. The 2nd takes me to a page with a writeup on the Jointmaker and links to the BCTW videos, John's blog and the FOG review, but nowhere can I find a play button for the interview or anything that looks like your pic attachment. The only play button on that page is for a Mike Dunbar interview. ????

Doug,

Follow these 5 steps.........

Step 1.... Click on the INTERVIEW link. http://www.woodworkersresource.com/content/woodworking_in_america_conference/index.html

Step 2.... Scroll down until you see John's photo. ( It's right below Mike Dunbar's interview)

Step 3.... Look to the right of John's picture, see the Bridge City Logo?

Step 4.... Look to the right of the Bridge City Logo and you'll see a triangle pointing to the right.

Step 5.... Take your curser and CLICK on the triangle/button.

Step 5.... Make sure your volume on your computer is turned up.

ps. the next button over is the "pause", the one over from that is the "stop" button.

Roger

Doug Shepard
07-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Roger
The problem is, I'm not seeing Johns pic at all or the BCTW logo. After Mike Dunbar's pic and the play buttons, there's text with the links to BCTW, the Jointmaker Pro, the Woodworking in America Conf., John's blog, the FOG review link, the 3 BCTW videos, then the Honing Machine video. Nothing to the right or left. The only other pic on the page is Adam Cherubini's after "coming up next" and it's the last thing on the page. Tried this both from my home and work machines running I.E.

James Mittlefehldt
07-24-2008, 11:06 AM
I am getting the same as Doug no picture of John and no Bridge City logo. When I click on the one in the first post above all I get is the inage but no interview. Would love to hear it though.

Steve Beadle
07-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Me, too! No ecoNOmaki!

Roger Savatteri
07-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Roger
The problem is, I'm not seeing Johns pic at all or the BCTW logo. After Mike Dunbar's pic and the play buttons, there's text with the links to BCTW, the Jointmaker Pro, the Woodworking in America Conf., John's blog, the FOG review link, the 3 BCTW videos, then the Honing Machine video. Nothing to the right or left. The only other pic on the page is Adam Cherubini's after "coming up next" and it's the last thing on the page. Tried this both from my home and work machines running I.E.

James, Doug, Steve.....

Hmmm, well I saved the total images that I see when I click on the link and saved them as a pdf so I could capture each page and show you what I see.
I know my way around my laptop but I'm no computer guru. If you don't see the images below perhaps someone else could here could explain.

Roger

Ok. I just noticed that when saved as a PDF it doesn't save the buttons, but they are there!

Perhaps Craig Stevens from the post above could chime in and help, it's his interview! I'll send him a pm in case he hasn't logged on here today.

Update......just sent him an email in a couple of ways, we should be hearing from Craig sometime today.

John Dykes
07-24-2008, 1:43 PM
Works for me...

hmm - I'm boggled!

- jbd

Doug Shepard
07-24-2008, 1:50 PM
Here's what we're seeing

Roger Savatteri
07-24-2008, 2:09 PM
Here's what we're seeing

Doug,

I'm also baffled!
Here's a direct shot with both sets of buttons taken at about 11.06 am/west coast time. (not saved as a PDF)

R.

hmm, a wild guess, perhaps try to reboot your system or maybe your "cookies" need adjusting? Also, I'm actually meeting with a mac tech guy tomorrow (Friday) at the Apple store for something else. If this isn't resolved by tomorrow I could run this pass him. What model computer are you using and what browser & operating system are you running?

Craig Stevens
07-24-2008, 2:25 PM
Hey guys...I'm trying to figure out what's going on. Everything looks fine on my end so I'm not sure yet what to do. Right now I'm thinking it may be an Internet Explore glitch. I'll post back here when I find something out.

Thanks for alerting me to the problem.

Craig

Doug Shepard
07-24-2008, 6:04 PM
Hey it looks like it's working now. Although the J.E. pic and BCTW logo (and play buttons) now show up, they're beneath the other links I could see earlier instead of above like Rogers pics. But at least they're there now so I'll give it a whirl. Thanks.

Wilbur Pan
07-24-2008, 8:54 PM
Craig,

One thing that might be nice is to put "forward" and "back" controls for the audio. I was listening to the interview and missed a part due to a phone call, and then found out that the only way to listen to the part I missed was to start the audio from the beginning again. Thanks!

Craig Stevens
07-24-2008, 8:55 PM
Everything should be working now. The problem was one little "<" was missing from the code that had the interview play buttons on it.

If you use FireFox as your browser, you didn't have any problems. However, for Internet Explorer uses, it caused the whole section to not show up.

Just one more reason I love FireFox over IE.

Sorry about the problem, I should have checked everything out with IE first.

I hope you all enjoy the interview.

Craig

Craig Stevens
07-24-2008, 8:58 PM
Wilbur,

I agree, I would like to have that option as well, but I've not found a program that will allow me to do that (inexpensively anyway).

I'll try to do some more digging.

Craig

Mike K Wenzloff
07-24-2008, 9:08 PM
...Just one more reason I love FireFox over IE...
Why? Because they allow poor programming? :)

Sort of like some of the earlier MS Access, Excel and Word programming. I think the MS programmers were more interested in the easter eggs than fixing the code they bought for those programs. Access was especially bad at allowing some users to do something outside the specification. Of course, when fixes came along code busted all over the place. Same with some Excel functions.

Oh well, a short diversion down memory lane.

Take care, Mike

Dave Lehnert
07-24-2008, 10:13 PM
I use firefox and everything works well. Thanks for the link. Just a suggestion, A length of time would help. I started to listen but it was getting late and had to stop. Just like to know if an interview will take 10 min or 45min would help .

Craig Stevens
07-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Dave,

I will do that with the rest of the interviews. But just as a side note, I purposely tried to keep all the interviews to 30 mins. Some go over, but not much.