PDA

View Full Version : Russell Morash interview

John Gregory
07-22-2008, 3:41 PM
I found a recent interview with Russell Morash on the net. As you know he produces NYW. At the end of the interview he mentions that he is working on some special projects for NYW. He didn't say what they are. If you enjoy any of the many PBS how-to shows he has created over the years, you should find this interview interesting.

http://nantucket.plumtv.com/videos/russell_morash_how--tv

David Cramer
07-22-2008, 4:04 PM
Very interesting indeed John! Thanks:) for the link.

The New Yankee Workshop is one of my all-time favorite programs to watch and meeting Norm (once in my life) was pretty cool too.

I'd rather talk with that guy than anyone from any movie ever made in Hollywood,and yes I am serious. He's a class act and very bright fella. Absolutely a kind and humble individual.

David

Rick Levine
07-22-2008, 8:48 PM
David, I agree 100%.

Joe Mioux
07-22-2008, 10:57 PM
John, thank you for that link, that was enjoyable

joe

Ken Fitzgerald
07-22-2008, 11:46 PM
John,
Thanks for the link. It was interesting to see who the guy is that "produces" the show and how he started. He seems like a very interesting individual!

John Gregory
07-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Seems to be some mystery to season 21 of the New Yankee Workshop. Their web cam for season 19 started March 28, Season 20 started on May 2. This year there was nothing until July 16 and only the one day so far. I have heard that this year he is going to add some footage to older programs, nothing offical though. There is NO information on the NYW web site about the 21st season. I have watched and enjoyed the show for 20 years. Norm is about my age and I know he won't be hosting it forever. But I hope they plan a few more years with him as host.

Fred Floyd
10-26-2008, 4:00 PM
From the last bit of the interview, it appears that Russ Morash is not as actively involved in the production of shows. He mentions "special projects" possibly referring to the Dream Kitchen series that aired last January.

In order to satisfy the demand for new shows, one might infer that they are "reworking" older shows that are still very popular.

John Gregory
10-26-2008, 7:33 PM
I have heard that the NYW season for 2009 will be 26 old epidsodes reworked.

From the last bit of the interview, it appears that Russ Morash is not as actively involved in the production of shows. He mentions "special projects" possibly referring to the Dream Kitchen series that aired last January.

In order to satisfy the demand for new shows, one might infer that they are "reworking" older shows that are still very popular.