PDA

View Full Version : LN #1 Limited Edition

Bob Marino
04-25-2004, 3:48 PM
Just got the email from Woodcrat announcing the sale for the LN white bronze Limited Edition #1 plane. Other than for collector purposes what value does this plane offer? Seems way too small for use as a bench plane and a block plane seems more versatile.

Bob

Mark Singer
04-25-2004, 3:56 PM
Bob,
I have a great Fulton #2 with a fluted bottom , its an oldy but goody...I use it often,.I can't imagine using a #1 for furniture. The LN low angle block is great and so is the low angle smoother. The Best Things sells them a bit discounted..

John Miliunas
04-25-2004, 8:48 PM
Just got the email from Woodcrat announcing the sale for the LN white bronze Limited Edition #1 plane. Other than for collector purposes what value does this plane offer? Seems way too small for use as a bench plane and a block plane seems more versatile.

Bob
Hey Bob, I thought that right about now you'd be in the market for a "Wood Stretcher", not a tool to take more OFF! (Bwaaaa,ha,ha,ha...:D ) Sorry, buddy, just couldn't resist! :cool:

Bob Marino
04-25-2004, 8:58 PM
Cruel dude, cruel.

What Mr. Miliunas is referring to is that I had cut a bunch of stiles for the Mission sofa about 1/16" too short for the rails. That ain't funny :p

John Miliunas
04-25-2004, 9:16 PM
Cruel dude, cruel.

What Mr. Miliunas is referring to is that I had cut a bunch of stiles for the Mission sofa about 1/16" too short for the rails. That ain't funny :p
Sorry Bob! It's just "one o' them things", you understand! You're right, it wouldn't be funny if something like that happened to me, either. Well, YOU would think it's funny :D If it makes you feel any better, I just found the other evening that I have to do some creative enhancements on my bathroom cabinet project, as well, due to a similar situation. :cool:

Ed Falis
04-26-2004, 8:00 PM
Cruel dude, cruel.

No, it ain't, but I think we've all been there.

- Ed

Steve Wargo
04-27-2004, 5:36 AM
I purchased my son a #2 LN for his birthday this year as the #1 is to small for even his 6 year old hands. The #1's are nothing more than nice to look at, but I've actually found myself using the #2 for drawers. Hope this helps.