PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw Help

Don Necaise
07-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Hello everyone
I am trying to figure out how to make the fonts in corel 11 a vector cut out. I am not familiar with corel draw that much Can anyone please help.
If you can it is greatly appreciated

Darren Null
07-22-2008, 12:11 PM
On the line of tools to the left, there's 2 you're interested in. Type in your text, and then go down to the fill tool (paint bucket icon). Select No Fill (an 'X') The text will turn invisible, but will still be highlighted. Then you go to the outline dialogue (looks like a pen) and select 'hairline' (it'll tell you which is which if you hover your mouse over it).

Job done.

Don Necaise
07-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks Darren this corel draw stuff is kicking my butt.I

Mike Null
07-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Don
Another way is to type your text then left click on the x"d box at the top of your palette. That'll remove the fill. The right click on your cut color and that'll make an outline. If you have your defaults set properly it'll default to hairline.

If you haven't set up Corel for engraving Roy Brewer at Engraving Concepts has a tutorial (in fact several) that'll help you get started.

http://www.engravingconcepts.com/Corel%20Tutorial%20Links.htm

Angus Hines
07-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I couldn't find it but there is a link floating around here to a boat load of corel training videos on YouTube.

Do you remember what or where it is Mike??

AL Ursich
07-22-2008, 4:32 PM
As a member of ARA I purchased 3 CD's from Roy Brewer on Corel and it was the best investment I could have made. Excellent work. Even took some of his classes at the Atlantic City Shows...

A+

AL

Mike Null
07-22-2008, 4:41 PM
I thnk this is what you're referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=alexisgalvez&p=r

Angus Hines
07-22-2008, 4:45 PM
Yep Sure is Thanks Mike.

Larry Bratton
07-22-2008, 9:01 PM
Don:
You can also leave the fill in. I use the Pen Tool to set the outline for text. To laser it needs to be hairline size. In the Epilog driver (I assume others are the same) must be set to raster, vector or both. If you set it to "both", it's going to engrave the fill and then cut out the outline, as vector is also chosen. (Pen tool is 3 from the bottom on the tool bar) Open it with the text selected and the flyout will give you an option to click for hairline. You may also remove the fill by opening the Paint bucket tool below the pen and click the X.

Tom Bull
07-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Make sure hairline is chosen by going to the little inkpen about 3 up on the left side and clicking on the tiny little triangle. A list will fly out that has an option with 2 arrows on it, choose that one. Type what you want and highlight the text with the pick tool. Then go to the extreme right and choose any color. The text will then have a hairline all around it. If you want the hairline only, then go to the extreme right color thing and click on the x at the top.
You-tube has a guy named alexisgalvez that has a ton of easy to understand and great info on Corel.