PDA

View Full Version : Router Plate Arrived Today

Gary Lange
07-21-2008, 7:15 PM
I ordered that Aluminum Router plate from Woodpecker's last week and it arrived today along with the Template I ordered and router bit. What a beautiful piece of equipment. Very heavy duty and pre-drilled for the Milwaukee 5625 Router. It also has leveling screws all around the edge. Very happy with this purchase.

Scott Rollins
07-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Congrats on your router plate. I initially bought the Rockler version. It served its purpose until I needed a bigger router (PC7518). I too bought a woodpecker router plate (the Quicklift). It is an fantastic plate. Very well made. I bought a top from them too.
I keep the Rockler in my table saw extension for the times I need two set-ups (rail and stile).

Ken Casser
08-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Gary, I'm a little late with this, but does your Woodpecker plate allow for above-the-table depth adjustment? I have a MW5616 and bought the plate that Woodpecker's sells for that machine, but there's no hole for the wrench to go through and I'm not sure if I can drill one without compromising the integrity of the plate.

Raymond Fries
08-20-2008, 5:15 PM
I have a woodpecker lift and have really loved it. I agree that they make quality products.

Enjoy... :)

David Schnegg
08-20-2008, 5:26 PM
I bought the TLR Phenolic Router Plate from Woodpeckers for my Triton router. I have been very happy with it. Most of their products seem to be really nice quality.

Gary Lange
08-20-2008, 7:10 PM
Ken, the plate has a series of interchangeable centers. I don't have the router yet but it appears that it will be able to change above the table. I have been out of town and just returned today.

Larry Prince
08-21-2008, 4:00 AM
Not to hijack your thread or anything but....:)

Down the road somewhere, when you're ready for the next major upgrade, consider the sommerfeld aluminum table top and a Triton 3.25HP router.

The difference is like going from a tricycle to a Harley.