PDA

View Full Version : Set Your Miter Gauge with Digital Angle Gauge

Ed Sallee
07-21-2008, 5:18 PM
Here's a way to set your Miter Gauge with your Digital Angle Gauge. Just put the Miter Gauge on the edge of the Table, with the guide hanging down. Zero the gauge to the top. Works for all angles.....
As they say, A picture is worth a thousand words.
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn88/evsallee/DSC05644.jpg

Cary Swoveland
07-21-2008, 8:53 PM
Great idea, Ed. Thanks for the tip. Cary

glenn bradley
07-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I do that as well. Since it is an Incra gauge, once set I pretty much forget it but, if I'm ever in doubt . . .

It is also an easy way to zero your DP table if tilted and to tilt it accurately for that matter. I love those little things.

Thomas Knapp
07-21-2008, 10:44 PM
I see that you have the same table saw I do, the Dewalt with the sliding table. How do you like yours? I have no complaints about mine. In fact I eally like it. I replaced a radial arm saw and a table saw with mine. Do you have the mobile base also? That is a good idea for setting the miter gauge.I'll have to give it a try. Did you get the gauge that Osborne made for Dewalt also? That was part of the package when I got mine. It came with two miter gauges. I just bought a new Osborne gauge to go with the other two miter gauges.
Tom

Dewey Torres
07-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Thanks Ed!

I just got a Wixey and I love it. Now one more use is a bonus:D

Chris Parks
07-22-2008, 6:41 AM
Can you reference the Wixey from the table? if not the saw table would need to be level.

Ed Sallee
07-22-2008, 7:06 AM
I can not take credit for the idea.... just passing a good idea along.

Chris - yes, you can zero the gauge to the table top.

Thomas - I really like my DW 746. The sliding table is a great addition. I use it all the time. I run mine at 220. It didn't come with any package deals, had to buy everything separate. I've had it for about 6 or 7 years now..... It has no problem plowing through anything I've fed it...

Thomas Knapp
07-22-2008, 9:18 AM
I can not take credit for the idea.... just passing a good idea along.

Chris - yes, you can zero the gauge to the table top.

Thomas - I really like my DW 746. The sliding table is a great addition. I use it all the time. I run mine at 220. It didn't come with any package deals, had to buy everything separate. I've had it for about 6 or 7 years now..... It has no problem plowing through anything I've fed it...
I have mine on 220 also. It is light years better than my old craftsman was. I just wonder why that saw doesn't seem to get recommended as often as it should.