PDA

View Full Version : Y'all better hurry if you've been holding off of Steel City DP.

David Song
07-21-2008, 3:27 PM
I was told by a Steel City Rep today that the price for their DP will go up starting September.

I will be ordering mine through WC today or tomorrow.

Steve Perez
07-21-2008, 4:22 PM
Uhh ohh. How much up? I was actually going to purchase the DP during the upcoming woodcraft sale but I read the fine print and the 10% does not apply to Steel City. Thats how I bought my PM2000 a few years back.

Steve Nouis
07-21-2008, 6:00 PM
I'd think with our weak dollar all the imports will be going up soon. Steve

Steve Perez
07-21-2008, 6:24 PM
I concur ... there is zero doubt on that. Back in March/April, and just before a purchase I was going to make, I regrettably saw the prospective tool escalate from $3k to $3.9k! When the tool went on sale here recently for $3.1K I didn't hesitate. The fluctuation is incredible. Manufacturers are definitely playing it safe. I'm sure they don't like to raise prices as it usually means a period of slow sales to come. On the bright side, there is always a healthy local used tool market.

tim rowledge
07-21-2008, 10:26 PM
I got one back in january; well worth the price. If you're wanting one it sounds like you need to jump now....

Marcus Isaacson
07-21-2008, 11:20 PM
I have been looking to pick one of these up. It would be nice if we knew how much the price was going to go up? If it was only 30-40 bucks I think I could still wait. If it is going up around $100 or more, then I would be forced to buy sooner. Any way to find out the numbers and when exactly they will be increasing the price? Is September 1 the magical date?

David Song
07-22-2008, 12:04 AM
I have been looking to pick one of these up. It would be nice if we knew how much the price was going to go up? If it was only 30-40 bucks I think I could still wait. If it is going up around $100 or more, then I would be forced to buy sooner. Any way to find out the numbers and when exactly they will be increasing the price? Is September 1 the magical date?

It's $100 increase starting Sept 1st. That is what I was told anyways. However they are having $50 rebate the same time so it will only be $50 increase until end of rebate...whenever that is.