PDA

View Full Version : My new Mortiseing Jig

brett gallmeyer
07-21-2008, 1:36 AM
So I'm working on making a set of nesting tables and I decided to make a adjustable mortising jig that I saw featured in Fine Woodworking Magazine.

I had to adjust the dimensions a bit to fit my craftsman router. Right now I can rout a mortise up to 2" long and as wide as any bit that I have. I'm going to make another top that is wider so that I can make longer morises. I'll have to check which month this was in but its a great jig if anyone is interested.

Brett G.

Jay Jolliffe
07-21-2008, 5:43 AM
Nice jig....What FWW was it in.

Alexandre Pelletier
07-21-2008, 6:36 AM
You can find this jig in FFM April\may 2008 and also here http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/FWNPDF/011197074.pdf

glenn bradley
07-21-2008, 12:21 PM
I was wondering about that one. Do you hold it between dogs like in the article?

brett gallmeyer
07-21-2008, 1:30 PM
I dont have benchdogs in my current workbench so i just clamp it down on the back. but benchdogs would be alot easier! I had to modify their plan quite a bit. I had to add on to the thick base piece because my router is wider than the dewalt that they showed. and make a longet top piece. i did only make it 12'' wide but im going to make one 16'' wide for the same reason. definatly measure things out befor you start cutting i made it and then realized i needed larger pieces.