PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic Surgery **PICS**

Ken Salisbury
04-25-2004, 7:12 AM
After some repairs last weekend to replace the framing around the roll-up door and the walk-thru door on the front of the shop it was time for surgery.

Yesterday I recruited my Son-in-Law (Dennis), two of my Grandsons (Jonmichael and Clay) and Clay's girlfriend Amanda to give The Old Rebel Workshop a "facelift".

We replaced a facia board on the front of the shop and "The Crew" waded in on a paint job. Also installed 2 new light fixtures along the sides of the roll-up door. By 3:00pm "The Crew" had given the entire building 2 coats of fresh paint.

The hardest thing I had to do all day was to sit in the shade and every now and then say "hey - you missed a spot" :) .

The best thing was all it cost me was 4 "Subway" sandwiches and a 12 pack of Bud Light longnecks :D .

The only thing left now is to do some minor touch-ups and paint the 2 walk-thru doors Kelly Green.

At the end of the day I just didn't have the heart to tell "The Crew" that the house is next. I think I better wait a couple weeks before I break the news to them :).

Tyler Howell
04-25-2004, 8:27 AM
Operation was a success Spin Dr! No matter what it looks like on the outside some great things go on inside. Thanks for sharing.

PS Where are you??? Everyone else is working!!:p :p

Howard Rosenberg
04-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Where do you live that everyone's in SHORTS?
It's just not FAIR!
Here in Toronto, it's about 5 deg C!!!
Aaarrgghhh!
Oh, Ken? BTW, thanks for letting us see the reapirs!
It's just not FAIR!
(Stop it, Howard - now you're just going on and on....)

Dominic Greco
04-25-2004, 9:24 PM
Ken,
Looks awesome Ken!

Looks like you had quite a crew working for you. You know, I imagine you as a fair minded boss who allowed frequent "beer breaks". And I don't mean for your workers! Am I right? :D

David Rose
04-26-2004, 3:05 AM
Rats! I thought we were going to see Ken with a "better" face. Instead we get a bunch of hairy legs and maybe a couple with none. Jeeze! :D

Congrats of the "new" shop! ;)

David

Dave Anderson NH
04-26-2004, 6:03 AM
I thought your name was Salisbury, not Tom Sawyer.:D You've certainly managed a good way to get things done and no doubt with your powers of persuasion the house will also be done in no time. Congrats Ken!

Now if you're giving classes on how to hornswaggle free labor, sign me up.:rolleyes:

Steve Jenkins
04-26-2004, 8:54 AM
"The best thing was all it cost me was 4 "Subway" sandwiches and a 12 pack
of Bud Light longnecks"

But what did you give "the crew"?:>). Looks good Ken

Ken Salisbury
04-26-2004, 9:02 AM
Ken,
Looks awesome Ken!

You know, I imagine you as a fair minded boss who allowed frequent "beer breaks". And I don't mean for your workers! Am I right? :D

YOU BET DOM ! ! !