PDA

View Full Version : Old tools in New Hampshire?

Jake Helmboldt
07-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Are there any places (antique dealers, flea markets, ect) in the greater Concord area that are good spots to look for old chisels and planes? (at reasonable prices)

thanks, Jake

Dave Anderson NH
07-20-2008, 7:44 AM
Hi Jake, Like every other state, NH's fleas markets are a catch as catch can proposition for finding old tools. However, there is a section of US Route 4 which runs from Concord to the seacoast with quite a number of antique stores. The section known as "Antique Alley" runs from the traffic circle intersection of Rte 28 and 4 through Northwood to the traffic circle intersection of 4 and NH Rte 125. This area has both 30-50 shops and you never know what they have.

Ron Knapp
07-20-2008, 8:05 AM
In addition to the flea markets in September there is an Auction in Nashua on September. The Auction is in the Holiday inn but there is a flea market in the parking lot. Best to get there very early.

http://www.mjdtools.com/auction/fl8_list.htm

Jake Helmboldt
07-20-2008, 9:47 PM
Thanks guys. I'll be there this week so I'll see if we can find an excuse to head down Rte 4.

David Romano
07-25-2008, 1:20 PM
Jake,
There is a place on Rt 125 in Kingston, can't remember the name... maybe called Old Boston somethingorother. I think it is on the corner of 125 and Old Boston Road. They were once mentioned in FWW a few years back. They have alot of good old stuff, esp planes. They are most likely to be open on a nice saturday in the the summer. Otherwise, they are closed most of the time. I can try to find a phone number if you are still interested.

David

David Romano
07-25-2008, 7:49 PM
Jake,
There is a place on Rt 125 in Kingston, can't remember the name... maybe called Old Boston somethingorother. I think it is on the corner of 125 and Old Boston Road. They were once mentioned in FWW a few years back. They have alot of good old stuff, esp planes. They are most likely to be open on a nice saturday in the the summer. Otherwise, they are closed most of the time. I can try to find a phone number if you are still interested.

David

Drove by the place tonight, still don't know the exact name (there is no sign), but it's on the corner of New Boston Road, not Old Boston.

David

Jack Porter
07-25-2008, 9:50 PM
Drove by the place tonight, still don't know the exact name (there is no sign), but it's on the corner of New Boston Road, not Old Boston.

David

Dave for all that is sacred, don't give up any more secret treasures.:eek: I would like to be able to find something next time I am there.