PDA

View Full Version : Laser Engraver Decision

seaver dave
07-19-2008, 3:52 PM
I am new to Laser engraving. Used a Universal at school where I work. Now I want to purchase one for home. I've found 2 used machines by 24 x 12 work area. Universal M300 50 watt and an Epolog mini 24. both in reasonable good condition. I'm having a difficult time making up my mind. Looking for the pros and cons of each machine so I can make a decision. Need advise. Dave Seaver

Frank Corker
07-19-2008, 4:59 PM
Heavily covered already on this forum. I suggest you try using the search engine for 'which machine' or enter the two makes.

Anthony Penchetta
07-20-2008, 6:27 PM
Just went threw the same senario. There was a lot of good info on both machines here that really helped with my decision. I ended up with an Epilog mini 24. Should arrive mid August. What utimatley turned my decission to the Epilog, was the rep here is Arizona. I felt real comfortable dealing with him and think I can count on his support during my learning curve.

Mike Mackenzie
07-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Dave,

If you can get me the serial # on that system m300. I will do some research on the system for you. (age, maintenance records, etc.)