PDA

View Full Version : Dewey's new toys w/pics

Dewey Torres
07-19-2008, 1:05 AM
Today in the mail and FINALLY! I got my Incra:D

I am the proud owner of the Incra LS 25" positioner and now I can install my Rousseau Router lift.

Long story short... my old router set up went with the contractor saw when I get my UNI. Now I have a great saw and a great router setup:D. All I need to do is install it.

[rant on]
I used Microsoft cash back on this deal and got great prices, but please don't ever order from Leroy's tool shack (Ebay store aka toolmomma). I ordered this thing on 30June and just got it today. When I inquired about shipping the first time I was told by the owner that he was out of town and could only check e-mail once every 3 days and had the nerve to end the note with "Don't ask":mad: About 4 days later I got another note from him stating that the guy he had watching orders during his absence "trashed them"..."sorry about the mix up, it will ship soon", he said...days go by.... You know the story. Well it's home with it's new daddy now so I'm cool
[rant off]

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Anyway, off to watch the DVD. I should have quite a weekend putting this together and beginning the Morris Chair Project among various other things.

Dewey

jerry nazard
07-19-2008, 1:28 AM
Dewey,

That's cool. Thanks for the info on Leroy.

-Jerry

Bill Wyko
07-19-2008, 1:47 AM
OH BOY Dewey. We,ll be talkin soon:D You're gonna love that set up. Make sure you read that giant book over and over.;) I'll be looking forward to seeing your projects. Let me know if I can help. BTW don't loose the little teflon shims:eek:

John Keeton
07-19-2008, 6:29 AM
This is just like Christmas!! Will you still get a present, or are you done for the year??

Neat stuff - I am still watching everyone on this router table thing. Have a router extension on my TS, but haven't done anything yet - still taking in all options. Really nice setup.

Also, good to see that everyone else seems to use the TS as an assembly table,etc. Seems everytime I do that, something comes up and I need to use the saw!!

Greg Cole
07-19-2008, 9:24 AM
I like my Incra stuff alot. I have a looooong set of rails for the TS fence (like 96") and I hung a RT off the left side of the saw to use the same positioner for the wonder fence for routing. You are really going to like it.
The only problem I've ever had with mine is the spring loaded ball that clicks in the detents on the hand knob that moves the positioner on the lead screw. I had to disassemble and lubricate and re-install with much less tension on the spring as mine was hard to adjust, as in I felt like I was going to break it.
I haven't achieved the mastery of it that Bill seems to show us here once in awhile though.... then again I've been building a fence and deck all spring-summer & the shop has sat idle.

Congrats on the new toys.

Greg

Pat Germain
07-19-2008, 11:29 AM
"Go Dewey!, Go Dewey!, It's your birthday..."

Glad to see you finally got your order. Sorry you had to deal with lousy service.

Wow, there's enough "fencing" there to build a corral. Have fun.

BTW, did I miss your drum sander gloat? I haven't heard anything about it since I saw the box in your shop. What's up with that?

Dewey Torres
07-19-2008, 12:46 PM
BTW, did I miss your drum sander gloat? I haven't heard anything about it since I saw the box in your shop. What's up with that?

Pat,
Gloat to follow... it is still in the box right now. Hmmm, to many projects in the cue for me... wait that sounds like someone I know here in the Srpings:eek:

Dewey

Bill Wyko
07-19-2008, 3:12 PM
Here's a couple pics for those of you that don't know just what you can pull off with the Incra.:)

Walt Caza
07-19-2008, 6:21 PM
Congrats on your new toys Dewey!
Nice score, that should keep you happily busy for quite a while...
now get to work! (jk)

...and a drum sander too?
It's pretty good to be you!
take care,
Walt
:)

Pat Germain
07-19-2008, 7:53 PM
Shoot, I think I'll quit buying tools. I'll just hang out at Dewey's shop and use his. That might be a little more difficult now since he's not standing mid-watches anymore.