PDA

View Full Version : Golf, first round of the year

Jon Lanier
07-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Played golf with Caleb today....it was suppose to have been a coaching round with him... trying to get him ready for HS golf try-outs. I end up shooting -1 under for 18. Birding that last 2 holes. The big amazing thing is that it was my first time out this year. I've been hitting balls at the range and spending time chipping and putting... but wow! I think I'm quiting golf now until next year. It's all down hill from here.

Dewey Torres
07-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Hey... that's not supposed to happen.

You are supposed to go out and shank, chilli dip, whiff, snap hook, worm burn, slice, hack, 4 put, and get wet, (among other lovely things the Golf Gods throw in for kicks) on the first day out right?

Dewey

Lee DeRaud
07-19-2008, 2:12 AM
I think I'm quiting golf now until next year. It's all down hill from here.I could have sworn I heard another (more famous) golfer say that just recently. :p:cool:

Jim Becker
07-19-2008, 10:43 AM
I think it's been nearly 5-6 years since I last played pasture pool...no time for it anymore. But it truly is an enjoyable pastime.

Dave Anderson NH
07-19-2008, 2:59 PM
I truly love golf and I neither play it nor watch it. SWMBO does though and that gives me all the shop time and the money for tools that I need.:D The rule at the Anderson household is sort of a modification on the military's "Don't ask, don't tell." Don't ask me what I spend on golf and I won't ask what you spend on tools. Works for us.