PDA

View Full Version : Cake topper request

Jeff Chumbley
07-18-2008, 11:50 PM
I am looking for someone to help me with a design for a cake topper. It is for my lil sister and she wants it in mirrored acrylic and a elegant type of font. I have the material and would be happy to pay someone to help me with this.

Anybody interested please im me.

Jeff

Darren Null
07-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Just for a laugh- here's a design. What do you mean Arial Bold isn't elegant? We have to save up for Times New Roman round here....
(SVG attached in the unlikely event that somebody can actually use it...)

Don Necaise
07-21-2008, 7:32 AM
Darren
Did you do this in corel draw? I have been trying to figure out how to do some acrylic cake tops also.Would you mine explaining how to do this when you get a littlle time. Thanks

Darren Null
07-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Coreldraw, yes. That particular one, I drew a line, added the arrowhead in the outline pen dialogue, made it thick, converted it into a bitmap and then created an outline.

That got me the arrowhead.

Then I typed in the 4 letters for cake separately, so each was a separate item, plus the exclaimation mark.

Then I plonked them onto the arrowhead in the arrangement you see (making sure that there was enough overlap that the letters would stay where they were put), selected everything and hit
Arrange --> Shaping --> Weld

Took about 3 minutes.

Joe Pelonio
07-21-2008, 12:01 PM
You might consider cutting a heart shape, with the letters engraved in reverse on the back (so they are clear). That way you can use any fancy font. Most of them are too thin and detailed to make a good topper with welding together.