PDA

View Full Version : Who owns Jorgensen Clamps company?

Craig D Peltier
07-18-2008, 8:03 PM
A 36" jorgensen cabinetmaster clamp broke on me. The metal that pushes against the clamp rod snapped. Its about 1/4 thick at that point. Where it snapped it looks like sandpaper.
Im trying to find the name of the company that owns them so i can give them a call.

Thanks

Craig D Peltier
07-18-2008, 8:07 PM
Might be this company but not positive. http://www.adjustableclamp.com/index.html

glenn bradley
07-18-2008, 8:09 PM
Yeah, that's them.

Craig D Peltier
07-21-2008, 9:09 PM
I called them today. The piece that broke is aluminum. They said some have airholes in the aluminum making them break. There sending me out a new piece for it. I guess it happens alot.

Jack Camillo
07-21-2008, 9:41 PM
I'm a fan of jorgensen clamps. Glad to see they have good customer service, and hope they continue to be made in the good ole U.S.

Leo Zick
07-21-2008, 10:31 PM
interesting. in home depot there were 2 models i was recently debating. both are 36". one was al with plastic ends, and one with metal ends, and plastic grips.
the metal one was cheaper. odd, huh?

no problems with the metal versions to date, though, they dont operate as smoothly/quickly as i hoped.

Warren Clemans
07-22-2008, 1:13 PM
I had the same problem with one of my clamps. They sent me a new one right away, no questions asked. Good company. I didn't throw away the broken one in hopes that they'll eventually sell replacement parts, but no luck so far.

Craig D Peltier
07-22-2008, 8:11 PM
I had the same problem with one of my clamps. They sent me a new one right away, no questions asked. Good company. I didn't throw away the broken one in hopes that they'll eventually sell replacement parts, but no luck so far.

There just sneding me the part and the instructions. I asked for another for backup, we'll see if I get it.