PDA

View Full Version : Golf tees

Craig Hogarth
07-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Anyone have any ideas on a jig for golf tees? I'm thinking I could just cut small rectangles that the head will rest in with a vector line to ensure proper alignment. I'm gonna sample out 200 of them with a possible future order of 5k, so I really want it simple.

Also, I quoted $40 for the 200 sample and told him I'll recalculate pricing once the sample is complete, stating it could be more than 20 cents each depending on how complicated it turns out to be. Out of curiosity, how much would you charge?

Joe Pelonio
07-18-2008, 1:30 PM
I would vector cut the triangle and also a pointed rectangle that they
will fit perfectly in if you anticipate that many. Just resting there the wind passing by from the exhaust could move them.

I think I'd go 50 cents each plus jig time/materials if all identical, for this run, then maybe 30 cents each for the huge quantity.

Gary Hair
07-18-2008, 1:47 PM
I would drill holes in the edge of a piece of wood that is a snug fit and at the depth you need the tees to sit. That way you could have them parallel to the laser and there would be little chance they would move. Cutting a rectangle or triangle would give too much room for movement and they would sit at an angle, making focusing very difficult.

Gary

Tony Lenkic
07-18-2008, 2:03 PM
Craig,

Someone had them posted here before.
Go trough posts you should be able to find the file for that jig.

Gary Hair
07-18-2008, 3:54 PM
For a small quantity I would do it myself, but for 5,000 I would probably just have them done at some place like: http://imprintedgolftees.com/234_Imprinted.htm

Pete Simmons
07-18-2008, 4:11 PM
I do a lot of golf stuff.

You can get screen printed tees for $30/1000

What we can offer is individual names on each tee.

I make little gift bags or boxes for tournaments. 6 or 12 tees and a wood ball marker and maybe a anodized divot tool for each player. Each with their name on them.

They love them.

My website shows the prices but please do not ask what I really sell them for. I am to low cost. Of course I am in most of the tournaments and/or a friend is running the tournament. Plus I get my name on the back of the divot tools.

Great advertizing for very low cost.

Pete Simmons
07-18-2008, 4:31 PM
Very poor picture of a well used jig.

Making tees by the 1000's is better left to a screen printer.

Making low numbers with each personalized is for the laser.

I have a vbasic macro that populates as many tees as you want on this jig with what you put in the top left spot.

Craig Hogarth
07-18-2008, 5:18 PM
Pete, i replied to your PM and I look forward to using it. They won't be using screen or pad printing as there will be different names, 20 for each board member in the sample and 10 for each club member in the full production run.

Bill W. White
07-18-2008, 9:01 PM
where would I get something loke this, I have several relatives that are golfers and seems like a great and cheap christmas present Bill W.

Craig Hogarth
07-19-2008, 2:35 AM
The only ones I carry are from chewbarka. I've seen some good stainless ones around, but haven't ordered any. I'll look through my catalogs tomorrow at work and see if i can find any of them.

the ones for chewbarka are on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Grab-Bag-Anodized-Aluminum-Golf-Divot-repair-tool_W0QQitemZ120282703657QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10816 6QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Bill W. White
07-19-2008, 7:07 PM
Thanks for reply,don't think I need 100 I will probably find then at a golf shop, Bill W.

Anthony Welch
07-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Where can a person get those boxes you use Pete? Your web site is shows two different hinge types, piano and barrell type.