PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
07-18-2008, 7:15 AM
Friday July 18th, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

WHEW!!!! Hot and humid. That's what this week has been. Been holed up in the air conditioning and trying not to do anything too strenuous.

The weekend is supposed to be a little better, so I might be able to get back in the shop. I've still got to finish re-sawing the rest of the cedar logs and I'm in the preliminary planning stages of a couple of other projects. We'll see how much gets done.

What's going on in your neck of the woods? Fun, games, work:eek:? Whatever it may be make it a great weekend and enjoy.

Oh, and make it SAFE.

Karl

Rich Engelhardt
07-18-2008, 7:38 AM
Hello,
Weather permitting - I'll be able to get the tractor out of the shed, change the oil & plugs, sharpen the blade and get the grass cut.
My long suffering wife has been doing the yard by hand - this season plus all of last season.
I've been just too busy working.

Matt Meiser
07-18-2008, 8:02 AM
Its been really hot and humid here as well. I think its supposed to break tomorrow but we'll see. Tomorrow my daughter and I are going to the local antique tractor club's annual show and heading to Camping World to pick up a few more things we need for the new camper. I'll probably need to mow too. Sunday afternoon I have to fly out of town for some work-related training and don't get back until early Saturday morning :eek: Shop time will probably be limited to cleaning up a couple piles of tools I dumped after installing the microwave and doing some things on the camper.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-18-2008, 9:19 AM
In the mid-90s here. It is supposed to go back up over 100 on Sunday. We are entering out "hot" season where daily temps could exceed 100 daily for the next 6-8 weeks.

This weekend hope to get some housework done before the Boss gets back on Tuesday evening. I'm so tired of my own cooking!

I have 3 windows that need the trim painted and 3 small doors for one shop cabinet that need painted. I hope to get them done this weekend.

alex grams
07-18-2008, 9:35 AM
Good ol' Houston 90 degree temp and 90% humidity, it never ends.

Hopefully get some work done on the bathroom remodel. I have pretty much everything done except a wall cabinet and the vanity left to build. I made great progress last weekend, but during the week I just didn't get as much done as I wanted. Lots of little wall texture touch ups and painting really slowed down the progress of putting most of the molding back in. Though I did get the crown molding put up this week.

We will see...

Joe Pelonio
07-18-2008, 9:53 AM
We're lucky, just mid-high 70's, some overcast in the morning that burns off by 11am, and down to 50 at night. I find that perfect.

I'm off to my Mom's in Port Angeles for the weekend, to help with some work around their place. Unfortunately I picked the weekend of the Sequim Lavender Festival so the ferries will be swamped, so I'm driving around
through Tacoma and Bremerton at noon. Without the ferry wait it's about 2.5 hours, so I'll save at least 1/2 hour though it will take more gas.

Tyler Howell
07-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Hey Gang,
Been down for a few days with the Zone Alarm bug.
Thanks to creeker Rick Schubert for the fix.

Framing in the new master bath today.
Taking a tour of of Old Log Cabins tomorrow by Lundie.
More details and picks to follow.

I work as a deck hand on a tour boat. A 50ft. schooner, The Njordis on sunday.
Have a safe weekend:cool:

Michael Schumacher
07-18-2008, 11:16 AM
It's starting to get hot here in Omaha too.

I'm thinking about going biking 20 miles Saturday morning - depending on how I feel after riding home tonight from work.

Clean up the shop - it's a mess.

Balance the checkbook and bring it up-to-date

Purchase a steel trash can and proceed to build the "Thien Cyclone" - hopefully I'll be able to get that completed this weekend, but not counting on it.

Michael

Tim Anderson
07-18-2008, 5:15 PM
Hanging the duct for my new DC. I also have ribs to BBQ.

Jim O'Dell
07-18-2008, 7:36 PM
I bought supplies to hopefully build the mobile stand for my 4 year old Delta lunch box planer that's never been plugged in!! I did finally take it out of the box a few weeks ago to measure some things. :rolleyes: With the heat here, 98 to 100 depending on who you watch, we'll see how long I last out there.:eek: Jim.

Fred Voorhees
07-18-2008, 8:24 PM
The closest I'll be getting to any kind of woodworking is mulling around in my head - ideas for a coffee table that is the next project up from the shop. I'll be constructing it from red oak and using walnut highlights to match the television cabinet that I built for the same room two years ago. Other than that, I need to check on some wood siding for my brother down in Cape May,NJ for a job that he has picked up. Can't find the exact profile down there. To hot to do much of anything else.

Will be hitting the dirt track stock car races tomorrow night. Special Christmas In July program. It's a Toys for Tots fundraiser and each year, over $10,000 in electronics and other prizes are given away to those who donate unwrapped toys or minimum $5 donations. Two years ago, my wife and I won a pretty nice television/DVD player combo. Sunday morning, if the weather sort of breaks and this oppressive humidity lowers, I might sneak over to the neighbors house and a freind and I will be catching a mess-o-sunfish for next weeks sunfish and catfish fry that we will be enjoying while taking in the NASCAR Nextel Cup event from Indianapolis Speedway while in the comfort of my air conditioned bar room. Other than all of that.....I'll be hiding out from the weather.

Jim Becker
07-18-2008, 8:37 PM
Family reunion one day and a picnic with friends the other. Limited "fun" time around here outside of helping the girls learn how to ride their new bikes during any free moment. Not even any time for landscaping work, although that could be a blessing since it's going to be in the high 90s with even higher humidity. Oy!