PDA

View Full Version : need a winch. Harbor freight?

jason lambert
07-17-2008, 10:26 PM
I need a good winch. to mount to a trailer

I bought a harbor freight winch the 3000lbs on with the remote for like $80 looks pretty good but never used it yet.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95912

Trouble is I am getting a ince aluminum trailer built and they are going to mount this in a box with a battery to the frount. The total is like $700 for the box and all the mounting so I don't want to put a crap winch in it since the mount will be built to the winch bracket also I do like the wireless remote feature so I can guide what is going up ans start and stop it.

Is this one ok or does anyone know a good winch? Or a good site to look at.

Matt Meiser
07-17-2008, 10:42 PM
I bought a Venom brand winch off Ebay for our Kawasaki Mule a couple years ago. I don't use it that much, but it works every time I do use it. The price was really reasonable.

Joe Jensen
07-18-2008, 1:37 AM
I need a good winch. to mount to a trailer

I bought a harbor freight winch the 3000lbs on with the remote for like $80 looks pretty good but never used it yet.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95912

Trouble is I am getting a ince aluminum trailer built and they are going to mount this in a box with a battery to the frount. The total is like $700 for the box and all the mounting so I don't want to put a crap winch in it since the mount will be built to the winch bracket also I do like the wireless remote feature so I can guide what is going up ans start and stop it.

Is this one ok or does anyone know a good winch? Or a good site to look at.

It seems that you answered your own question. HF's business is selling the cheapest versions of everything. I don't know if it's possible to buy something cheaper than HF. If you are worried about quality, why in the world would you consider HF?

George Sanders
07-18-2008, 8:02 AM
Try Northerntool.com They have all kinds of QUALITY trailer parts and accessories.