PDA

View Full Version : Calling all pen turners

Jackie Outten
07-17-2008, 8:58 PM
FREEDOM PENS NEEDS YOU.

Normally I would not post here but I know that some of you don't check the Freedom Pens Forum.

We have had a request for 6,000 pens from the Aircraft Carrier Abraham Lincoln. At this point in time, I have no pens left to send as I have just shipped out the last 500 pens I had.

If you have some time on your hands please make some pens for the cause.
Our service men and women need to know how much support they have here at home.

Let's see if we can provide them with that support.

In the last four years we have shipped almost 86,000 pens. Your help will be appreciated more than you know.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Jackie Outten

Philip Duffy
09-18-2008, 2:10 AM
Jackie, I think that the request is beyond the scope of the original intent; provide men and women in the field a writing pen to send letters home. The aircraft carrier request is out of order, and if you like, I will tell the Commanding Officer exactly that. My guess is that he knows nothing about the request and I would like to know who was the originator of the request? Sometimes these things just get beyond the horizon in unreasonableness and it it time to put a stop to this request. Philip, Rear Admiral Retired

Jackie Outten
09-18-2008, 9:32 AM
Philip,

We fill orders for the troops in the field first. We had received a request from several groups from the Abraham Lincoln for pens. We have filled those. It would be incredible if we could send one pen for all those aboard the ship but we have to be realistic. As I said we will send to the troops in the field first and will fill orders from the ships next.

Jackie