PDA

View Full Version : Pricing help

Levi Chanowitz
07-17-2008, 7:55 PM
Can you give me an idea what you would charge?
I am trying to do a price quote and I want to hear some of your opinions

for 100 pictograms with a line of 1"text,reverse engrave on matt finish plastic 7" x 7" x 1/8" There are 6 different models and the text line changes on 50 of them. they have a flourish design and are paintfilled in 2 colors
for 50, 8" x 14s in the same material with 3 lines of 1"text, 36 letters in total plus a flourish, paintfilled in 2 colors
50, 8" x 12" plate with lots of text filling area of 6" x 9", in the same material, paintfilled in 2 colors

Scott Shepherd
07-17-2008, 10:26 PM
I'll run it through my estimator Friday morning and let you know. I'll leave off the material cost, as there are several options which vary a lot in price.

Joe Pelonio
07-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Can you give me an idea what you would charge?
I am trying to do a price quote and I want to hear some of your opinions

for 100 pictograms with a line of 1"text,reverse engrave on matt finish plastic 7" x 7" x 1/8" There are 6 different models and the text line changes on 50 of them. they have a flourish design and are paintfilled in 2 colors
for 50, 8" x 14s in the same material with 3 lines of 1"text, 36 letters in total plus a flourish, paintfilled in 2 colors
50, 8" x 12" plate with lots of text filling area of 6" x 9", in the same material, paintfilled in 2 colors

Generally when I comment on prices they are low compared to others, but I can tell you that I would get at least $15 each for #1, $25 each for #2 & #3.

I would run one first though, to make sure that covered my cost for material & paint, the laser time, and my time for paint filling and cleanup with at least 40-50 profit.

Doug Bergstrom
07-18-2008, 7:31 AM
I would price this at about .35 / square inch + paintfill ( labor)

But you need to factor in YOUR overhead. Everyone has a different factor of what they need to make to run their shop. We lease space and have employees and a lot of equipment so we have a higher overhead factor than some shops. Figure what you need per hour to cover your expenses. There is a great tool called profit watch at http://www.PricingMadeEasy.com/estimate/download/
it will help your figure out your overhead expense and hourly rate for the return you want. Then use that to help figure what pricing works best in your area.
Doug

Scott Shepherd
07-18-2008, 8:54 AM
I'd be looking at $7.00 in laser time for #1, so I agree with Joe at $15 each as a starting point.

#2 - $13 laser time, but that's a horrible size for sheet utilization. You won't get but one piece out of each 24" long part, unless you use a larger sheet, then you could get 2 pieces (or buy the full sheet and cut it yourself for maximum usage). So I see close to $15 each in material cost for that one. That would put it in the $32-34 range once paint filled from me.

#3 - Probably close to #2. Material cost is less, laser time is more.

Just my opinion.

Levi Chanowitz
07-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks.

Anyone else out there?

I think that $15 is way too low, especially for 1/8" reverse paint filled in 2 colours

Joe Pelonio
07-21-2008, 11:41 AM
There's a big difference in markets, here for example, everything costs less than where we came from, the SF Bay Area, but we're still much higher than may smaller cities. You may have to adjust prices to suit your local market and the competition. If you can get $20-30 each for those go for it. I often find that on something like this when there is no other vendor, there is a maximum that people will pay, go over that and they will look for some other item that's less expensive.

Mike Null
07-21-2008, 2:19 PM
I would think about $.60 per square inch everything included.

I just billed and order for 48 pieces all different, reverse engraved and color filled with black in 1/16" material. My prices were 5"x1.5 @ $6.00, 3"x1.5" @ $4.50.

I charged $15 for taping.

This is my third order with this customer with more coming.