PDA

View Full Version : Delivery & Pre-Setup of 20 inch Grizzly G0507 Bandsaw

Boyd Gathwright
04-23-2004, 7:33 PM
This is for all those who are interested in how one accepts delivery and does pre-setup of seven hundred pounds (700 Lbs.) of bandsaw. I was a little concerned that the bandsaw might be shipped in the vertical position, as I had heard was done with some companies, and was not sure that I was going to be able to handle it in the bucket of the tractor. As it turned out, it was shipped in the horizontal position and everything worked out just fine after all. Delivery and pre-setup went smoothly with just a couple of discrepancies (paint, scratches, etc.), most of which due to shipping and are being address by GRIZZLY. My initial impressions of this bandsaw after uncrating are phenomenal. This is one VERY well built machine. It is BEEFY to say the least, and it’s a VERY solid machine. Of course I’ll know more when I evaluate it for performance after I get it setup and running. The pics below pretty much tell the story from the time it was taken off the truck, uncrated, and I got it ready for final setup. There was one small problem, which I resolved. The hardware on the mobile base interfered with the opening of the lower door. I raise the base of the saw in the mobile base with three eights (3/8) plywood shim (orange) front and back. You’ll see it in the pics.

Enjoy

Boyd :)

Boyd Gathwright
04-23-2004, 7:57 PM
Con't -BBB-+B

This is for all those who are interested in how one accepts delivery and does pre-setup of seven hundred pounds (700 Lbs.) of bandsaw. I was a little concerned that the bandsaw might be shipped in the vertical position, as I had heard was done with some companies, and was not sure that I was going to be able to handle it in the bucket of the tractor. As it turned out, it was shipped in the horizontal position and everything worked out just fine after all. Delivery and pre-setup went smoothly with just a couple of discrepancies (paint, scratches, etc.), most of which due to shipping and are being address by GRIZZLY. My initial impressions of this bandsaw after uncrating are phenomenal. This is one VERY well built machine. It is BEEFY to say the least, and it’s a VERY solid machine. Of course I’ll know more when I evaluate it for performance after I get it setup and running. The pics below pretty much tell the story from the time it was taken off the truck, uncrated, and I got it ready for final setup. There was one small problem, which I resolved. The hardware on the mobile base interfered with the opening of the lower door. I raise the base of the saw in the mobile base with three eights (3/8) plywood shim (orange) front and back. You’ll see it in the pics.

Enjoy

Boyd Gathwright
04-23-2004, 8:01 PM
Con't -CCC-+C

Con't -BBB-

Chris Padilla
04-23-2004, 8:03 PM
Sweet...must be nice to have such equipment to handle such equipment! Congrats, Boyd! :)

Mike Evertsen
04-24-2004, 12:56 AM
you make it look easy,,,I still hurting unloading the unisaw and getting it into my shop,,
I find out how away from 20 yrs old I am :D

Boyd Gathwright
04-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Hi Mike,

You’re not that old :p . I still play racquetball three times a week with a man six (6) years my junior.

Think young, very young.:rolleyes:

Boyd :D

Boyd Gathwright
04-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Hi All,

Tonight the new SMC software allowed me to put the pics in their proper order from my original posting.

Enjoy

Boyd :cool:

Enjoy

Terry Hatfield
04-26-2004, 8:53 AM
Boyd,

That saw llok like a beast!!! Congrats!!! Glad you had the front end loader!!!

Terry