PDA

View Full Version : Simulating Brass in graphic

Scott Shepherd
07-17-2008, 4:44 PM
Boy, it's one of those days.......

Have a customer who want a proof of polished brass letters in their logo. Doing it in yellow or gold, solid colors, isn't acceptable. They want to see the polished brass finish in their logo in a proof.

I planned to clip a piece of brass into the inside of the logo, but I haven't had any luck with that yet.

Any suggestions?

Joe Pelonio
07-17-2008, 6:16 PM
How big is it? Can you use gold mirror poly (vinyl) to do a mockup?

Mike Null
07-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Steve

Here's one of my favorite sites.

http://www.unleash.com/jeffh/vectormetal/

Scott Shepherd
07-17-2008, 10:13 PM
It's a wall logo and I've shown them the catalog for the product and they gave the okay, but now want to see a proof. I don't want to cut anything or make anything if I don't have to. I'm really stumped by their request. They sent me an eps file of their logo, I showed them the products it could be made from, they picked one, now they want a proof. I felt like saying "Well, it's going to look just like the EPS file you sent, except it'll be in the finish that YOU picked".

I had to bite my lip to keep my mouth shut. It was too much money involved for me to lose over a smart remark.

They aren't into the "touching" of the product, they just want to "See" it via a JPEG. Strange, strange folks, and it's just one of many for today. Geez, what a day. Must be the moon or something. Strangest day I've had in a long time.

Thanks Mike, I'll be buying that in the morning. Looks fantastic! Thanks!

Bruce Boyer
07-27-2008, 1:16 PM
One method we use as a finished product for interior walls:

vector cut flexibrass then cut sign foam or acrylic with the laser-
pre-paint the sides of the foam or acrylic with a similar color to the flexi-
glue the flexi to the face. behold, an inexpensive 3D set of letters/logo.

Scott Erwin
07-28-2008, 8:44 PM
Scott,

Mike has the site I use when I have someone that 'NEEDS TO SEE" what they are getting before they get it. Even after they have provided all of the information and colors and such, they still want something tangable to know they made the right choice. -- I have used the site Mike refers to a couple times and it seem to work in those cases.

GOOD LUCK,

Scott (really my name too)